SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your favorite Affiliate program?

What is your favorite and most profitable affiliate program?

Is it still active on your site?

What do you do to promote it?

What could make it better?
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great question..

Wayne, great question... And one I will look forward to reading other reply's on... Here are a few of my favorites.. I tend to prefer programs that relate to my web sites niche'.. Such as: Jim Rohn's affiliate program ( http://www.jimrohn.com/ ) also Brian Tracy has one that is over at commision junction.. I do also like the offerings from Mark Joyner's company as well.. Again I'll look forward to hearing programs others suggest... Thanks, Josh
    Last edited by jonese; Jul 15, 2001 at 18:52.
    Personal Development community site - http://www.joshhinds.com

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will now write the first spam free response to Wayne's excellent question, feel free to join in if you get the urge.

In the past I have done very well with a program called WebShots, it's owned by Excite. They pay 3 cents per unique click, but their tracking system only records half of what you send as unique, so it's about 1 1/2 cents per click.

I have also had great luck with the different free phone card systems available, right now the going rate is 20 cents per lead. Many of these programs are still available at Commission Junction, but they are phasing over to different systems because of the new rules at CJ.

Netsetter, FX Saver, WallMaster Pro, Nonsense 2000, and many other downloadable programs. I guess my traffic loves to download.

If anyone knows of other affiliate programs working with downloadable games or goods, please let me know.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What is your favorite Affiliate program?

1) What is your favorite and most profitable affiliate program?

My current fav is performancebike.com, they use linkshare as the affiliat administration.

2) Is it still active on your site?

Yes, using text links, door way pages, and banners.

3) What do you do to promote it?

See answer for #2, I will also start making banners for individual products to run on my forums, and soon, my banner exchange.

4) What could make it better?

Set the cookie for 30 days, Im sure i have lost hundreds of dollars in commissions to users who come back a week later and buy there. I would also like to see a 7% commission rather then 5%, or better yet, co-brand the site 100% to myself, id then take a simple 3% commission and be happy.

SitePoint Enthusiast Big Fat JC's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Favorite Affiliate Programs

What is your favorite and most profitable affiliate program?

My favorite and most profitable affiliate program was one for Launch.com since my site is related to music my visitors loved to click it and instead of using just banners I designed a 600x100 pixel flash ad that resided on the bottom of every page except my homepage. This banner received CTRs of up to 5% depending on the day and with my volume of visitors I started making more off this affiliate program than my regular banner ads. Launch.com then reduced their pay from 2 cents per click to 1 cent per click and I got a little worried but continued to run it and my traffic increased so I continued to make about the same amount of money per day. This continued for 3 months and I had generated in excess of $617US(which is awesome because thats like $1000 CDN for me) but Launch ended their affiliate program and has not paid me or sent me any notice of whether I will be paid or replied to any of my emails to them regarding this money, so I kinda got screwed.

The main reason I would say for my success with this affiliate program is due to two things, the first is that my visitors loved music and since Launch is does almost everything for music my site doesn't do it worked really well, and second the ad was very appealing but it didn't pop up or get in the way so i never received any complaints about it.

Well theres my blabbing about affiliate programs I look forward to some more replies as I am currently looking for a new affiliate program and am currently pondering credit cards or search traffic, anyway great questions Wayne.
    Eden Rox
    Project Bookie Currently Under Development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favorite program is Aprettywoman.com , because many guys thinks it is an adult site, but actually it is just a dating site, meet some pretty girls from eastern europe, that is it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my small site that works great with text links....

TextLinks.com

It is brilliant in its concept. You make your own text links that matches your site. The site can explain it better than I can here: http://www.textlinks.com

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beleive text links are best. As Jiminsd said, you can make them match your site.

I believe that is one of the biggest problems with affiliate programs, it is difficult to integrate them into your site. I am about to start my own affiliate program for one of my sites, www.liscreensavers.com
    We will help our affiliates to integrate our products on their pages so it feels like the products bellongs to their site. And instead of letting them link to our site, we will let the link directly to a order page.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Johan Malmberg
    We will help our affiliates to integrate our products on their pages so it feels like the products bellongs to their site. And instead of letting them link to our site, we will let the link directly to a order page.
    That's great. I wish more affiliate programs would allow you to link to an order page. Although the merchant would have to be much more picky about their affiliates, I think a system like this could be very beneficial to both parties.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here