SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, in looking at the list I see that http://www.1simple.com/ offers an ECHO compatible version of the Danise cart included, along with SSL, in their hosting plans.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys are hot!

It sounds like these guys are HOT. Finally, a company that has made it easy to use ECHO. I see no down side to them. I noticed that the SSL certificate cost is only $50. Cart included in hosting. Low hosting packages (with all the bells and whistles). HOT, HOT, HOT.

Would you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: These guys are hot!

Originally posted by daveinpa
    It sounds like these guys are HOT. Finally, a company that has made it easy to use ECHO. I see no down side to them. I noticed that the SSL certificate cost is only $50. Cart included in hosting. Low hosting packages (with all the bells and whistles). HOT, HOT, HOT.

Would you agree?
    On the surface they look good. You can never be certain until you run into problems. I only use one hosting company, www.needa.com, even if there are better deals out there, because in my experience they are the best I've ever found. I've been with them for years now, but before I signed on there I had changed hosting companies several times.

I can count the problems I've had at www.needa.com on probably one hand -- and all of those problems were solved within minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, there's more to a good webhost than cheap prices!! I don't care if they are GIVING away hosting, I will not select a company that has poor support.

So do your research, find out if the company has an abnormal amount of complaints before taking the plunge. Who knows, you might be lucky!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
    Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that it has been difficult for me to find customer complaints. It's not like the hosts are going to post them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info on merchant account options! I have been getting the run-around in trying to set up a merchant account. The provider actually wanted my to change my business name because they felt it didn't match the product I was going to sell close enough!!
    Plus all the setup and monthly fees...
    I plan to check out ECHO since I have a highly modified version of TEP running a POS application. I wasn't looking forward to recoding the credit card process.
    Jack Wendel
    WendelWorks.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a test account set up with ECHO now, and have been TRYING to get it to work with my cart and order forms, but unfortunately their documentation is a bit over my head. No easy setup process like with PayPal or 2checkout, as far as making the darn thing work!!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
    Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to say some things. First, Echo is a good company, that is why I recommend them on my site: www.gotmerchant.com They are cheaper than most companies and that is because they OWN everything, they are not resellers. They have over 60,000 customers and are publicly held. So you have the stock market to back them up.

Daveinpa,

I recommend Echo, but please know this (Simple Solutions - www.sshost.com).

1. WE are the only company that has a compatible version of the Dansie cart, not even Dansie himself. They didn't want to work with them, Echo and Danise both really didn't want to work with each other, so we just had our programmer do it for us. So our version of the cart is the only version in the world as of now, that is compatible with Echo.

2. I don't suggest buying your own SSL, just a waste of money. The SSL url we give you is a generic domain name, nothing comes up, so why does it matter what the url is when they are ready to place their order? People are not going to change their mind about buying because you use some other url, and who said that everyone even looks at the url, or pays attention to it!

3. Check out this site of mine: www.gotmerchant.com That might help clear things up.

That's it. This is sure a long thread, didn't have time to read all of it, but hope this helps you all.
    have time to read all of it, but hope this helps you all.
    Last edited by Curtis Stevens; Nov 11, 2001 at 23:58.
    www.gotmerchant.com - an online guide to merchant account service for any business looking to accept credit cards. The site has helped thousands understand the service and protect themselves from unethical sales reps.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few more things.

One more thing. We have setup our ecommerce solutions as easy as possible. With the Echo cart, the customer just has to edit the vars file, note pad file and then edit their html pages with some basic html coding. See: www.sshost.com/ecommerce/demo for a demo. With all tutorial pages to help our customers too. They just then need to contact us to setup the cart on our end to work with Echo and support will take care of it.

Please know that we have been delivering award winning services for over 3 1/2 years. I challenge you to find a customer not happy with our service, just look at our testimonials: www.sshost.com/aboutus/clients/

Thanks
    Curtis Stevens
    Simple Solutions