SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to use it word Free stuff because it contains both themes and modules. Is there any other suggestion for this heading?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its perfect instead if I would be you I would put the social media sign on top

Quote Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
    Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for following things

• Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    • How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    • Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

My site - http://www.fmemodules.com/

After this whole site review I will post some of my products to get reviews on individual products. i.e features, usability, design etc

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hii,

Website Design Looks good.

- Yes, Website looks real and people can trust to buy stuff.
    - Yes, there is always room for improvement. The design is good, but you can improve Left side bar which contains module and stuff

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yapsody View Post
    Hii,
    - Yes, there is always room for improvement. The design is good, but you can improve Left side bar which contains module and stuff
    Please suggest how can we improve that. I am excited to tell you we already working on it so its a right time to take your input.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had two completely different experiences. I viewed your site once via a mobile browser, and the site wasn't informative as to what you were selling and the colors didn't match. If I were being a normal consumer, I would have bounced right away. When I hopped on the computer and viewed it in that manner, I did trust your site. I'm sure if I was looking for a module, I would have had no problem handing over my credit card details.

One thing I usually like to see on non-name brand e-commerce sites before buying is that its forced into https for the entire site and there is a valid ssl certificate. I know it can slow down page load speeds, but it adds trust to an unknown vendor. Plus, you can find them relatively cheap online. Just my two cents. Overall, good job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your site is good for learning advance seo topics thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
    Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for following things

• Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    • How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    • Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

My site - http://www.fmemodules.com/

After this whole site review I will post some of my products to get reviews on individual products. i.e features, usability, design etc

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Website. If i want to create this type of then what is my requirement about the design of website.You have impressively designed your website. I like your color scheme and design approach.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website looks real but I feel like you could make the products a bit cheaper.
    You could make the slideshow take the whole width of the screen and put the three buttons at the bottom.
    I really don't see any other way of improving the website
    Overall, great job on your new website and I hope it will do very well

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your site looks professional.. good design ..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the design is very simple for costumers and i liked very much the fact that it is functional.
    The fact that you have the prices next to your products is a great plus.
    Also liked the categorization of recently added, top seller and featured.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the site looks very good, A bit slow opening up but that might be my system, other than that it seems professional and clean, I would by if I was after one your product's, would be quite confident !

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello alastairbrian,

I didn't mean to bring this thread back from the dead, but after looking at the reviews and seeing the progress of your site in the past few months, I thought an additional review was in order.

First impressions:

Your website looks very nice, it's clean and easy to navigate. At a glance, I was able to quickly understand your sites purpose.

Problems that I noticed:

1) The site seems slightly clunky when clicking though the pages, they take about 2.5-4.5 seconds to load.

2) I attempted to add Prestashop Consultancy (/en/20-prestashop-consultancy.html) to the cart, but initially, it gave me an error "Null quantity". To me that makes sense, but to normal users, not so much. The input field "quantity_wanted" has a default value of "hours" which is not a number. That should default to "1", or at the very least have a more descriptive error message. Other than that, testing the cart had no additional errors for me.

3) On your product pages (/en/40-professional-banners.html), the "(x) Review(s)" link (goToByScroll('tabs')) does not open the reviews tab. I feel that it should.

4) On (/en/42-one-step-checkout.html) there is a div to the right of the product image with class "social". On this page, the text overflows outside of the bordered box, and it looks pretty broken.

5) The live demo links are neat, but initially I was slightly confused. Granted, it is exactly what should be there, a live demo, but I feel that there needs to be some sort of bar or other type of notification on the page telling me that I'm in demo mode.

6) Search was initially quite slow, it took me 15 seconds to load a search for "banner". The second search for "theme" was faster at 7 seconds, but a third search for "module" slowed back down to 12 seconds again. Since you don't seem to have all that much data, I think you could probably get away with loading your entire search data set into memory.

To answer your questions in your post:

1) Your site is intuitive, and easy to understand
    2) Your presentation is very professional, I wouldn't worry about looking professional since you already nailed it.
    3) Your product page presentation is just fine, but I would worry about the add to cart/Buy Now buttons being below the fold on low resolution monitors. This button placement could affect conversions. Additionally, in my opinion green, is not a call to action. You may want to try a more "annoying" color which in my experience will increase conversions.

Final Thoughts:

Your site looks great, I like it a lot. Excluding the above, everything I tested works perfectly. Currency conversion, linking, interface, etc. All great. The single largest issue to me is performance. I really feel that you should be able to speed your site up by a few seconds per request.

I hope this helps!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your webiste looks very professional.
    Please correct as soon as possible the problem with the french language. Underneath the product list, you left a "Loren Ipsum" paragraph !
    Also, in the banner, the 3 elements on the right hand side are not translated in french
    Also, "Laissez-nous Obtenir social" is not good french (the rest of the translation is very good, but this one does not mean anything). If you want to say something like "social media" you can simply put "Réseaux sociaux" or "Rejoignez-nous sur les réseaux sociaux"
    Also, I checked randomly one other page, and I saw that portfolio is not translated. Maybe have re-check the parts with foreign languages entirely.
    Hope it helps

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website looks very professional.very nice .fast website

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perfect design, logos are great. But need some color combinations in website.

thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like this site. Very clean and a good use of space.

Seems very professional and trust worthy. Doesn't come off fake or spammy.

One thing i have found though, the site is very slow. Navigating round the site has taken me some time. Pages take a while to load.

I've checked and my connection is fine and other sites load quickly. I would make sure you have a decent hosting package and that images are reduced so page sizes are smaller.

Otherwise the site is really good.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebcgroup View Post
    I really like this site. Very clean and a good use of space.

Seems very professional and trust worthy. Doesn't come off fake or spammy.

One thing i have found though, the site is very slow. Navigating round the site has taken me some time. Pages take a while to load.

I've checked and my connection is fine and other sites load quickly. I would make sure you have a decent hosting package and that images are reduced so page sizes are smaller.

Otherwise the site is really good.
    Hi ebc,

Thank you for your review.

In regards to the speed of the site, I'm wondering if it has something to do with my use of the PHP code

Code:
    <?php
    include('file.php');
    ?>
    which is used to load a lots of repetitive sections on the site. Although it could have something to do with the web host as well. Something I will have to investigate more.

EDIT: It may be due to me putting absolute URLs, see this thread http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...e-Loading-Time

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could be it.

Maybe create some demo pages with a different setup to test.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked and most are not absolute URLs, using just the filename.

Could be my webhost. They are located in Melbourne, Australia....hrmm

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your site is nice but it need lots of changes like add alt tag and give a link at all headlines.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ravi ~ thank you for the link

@wpbootstrap ~ it's a wip, obviously based around Bootstrap so going to look quite similar to other websites.