SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast chickaboom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so weird. I made a Swish page and it worked fine. I changed it a little so I uploaded the change. The change didn't show for me, but for my Mom (in Tenn) it did. Next morning, everyone says the page is crashing their Netscape browser. I go check and it crashes my browser too. Says illegal operation and closes out.

I save file as a new name, change html, upload page and file again and now I get at least a black background, but no Swish.

I think maybe the Earthlink web space is messed up so I upload the same page to another site, and now THAT page is messed up. It plays the Swish intro for about 5 seconds and stops.

I look at my FTP and I see I cannot select delete to take anything off a web site. AND I see the Swish file is uploading as 23k and I know it's 56k.

I think the FTP is corrupted. Do you think so??????? How about I uninstall and reinstall it? If I do, will I lose all my current data in there? I have three different sites up. To have to upload all pages from three sites is a bad thought indeed.

Please someone reply soon if you can.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please post your code.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

SitePoint Enthusiast chickaboom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUESS WHAT. It's fixed. I renamed the file and uploaded again. My Delete is working again on my FTP. It's bizarro. I renamed and uploaded this morning and it made no difference. In fact, like three times this morning I did and it made no difference. Now I try again tonight and it works.

Westmich, thanks for your speedy, quick reply. To think, I was ***this close*** to reinstalling the FTP. I have no idea what was going on. Must have been the gods messing with me. I hope it doesn't happen again. I was pulling my hair out all day! When I wasn't at the computer it was on my mind.