SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best way to get traffic that counts

Please list your top quality traffic getting techniques.
    Over 100,000 Different posters for only $6.99 each!
    http://www.totalposters.com
    $3.99 Web Hosting: 550MB Space 35 GIG Bandwidth
    http://www.hosthall.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think search engine traffic is the best qualified traffic. The person actually typed in a request searching for a product/service and found your qualified link in the search results. That is a truly targeted visitor which could lead to a sale. The problem obviously is how to get high under these keywords? Some would say a miracle, others would try those search engine placement guru's or submission software programs.

Try researching keywords that are searched for on Overture every month using their search suggestion tool located here. I'm assuming your site is about hosting based on your signature, so search for the word "hosts" or "Hosting" or you can get even more targeted with your words. It will list to you all the combination of phrases that were searched containing that keyword. Choose a few, preferably the lower ones as those that show high in the results will have EXTREMELY HIGH bid per click amounts. Then do a search for the keyword on overture.com to check what the bids are at for that keyword. You may find a few that have low bids. If you don't have an account, then setup one, and bid on each keyword you found that have low or even no bids, when you combine all the traffic from the keywords it can be very targeted qualified traffic. Obviously the key is to find lots of targeted less traffic keywords with low bids, and when combined can bring quality traffic to your website.

After taking your research with Overture.com, then you can apply these same keywords in the other PPC search engines such as Findwhat.com, Kanoodle.com, Sprinks.com, Goclick.com, and the list goes on and on. You can also try this with Google Adwords.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow hosthall.com

If you don't mind, please tell me how you're giving off 600 MB & 35GB to one client for 42$ / yr ???

Having 20 clients will get you just near 1000$ but you're already above the BW limit given by the most generous server-sellers !!!

I am surprised & think I have to enter this overselling game ???

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe he means 30 gigabit and not gigabyte
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My top traffic-getting techniques? Search engine optimization brings in the most traffic, so that. Additionally, link trading and parternships has helped me significantly. I recently got a huge number of visitors from an affiliate site of mine and so if you put some time into discussing it with other publishers, it can work to your benefit.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    maybe he means 30 gigabit and not gigabyte

If you don't mind, please tell me how you're giving off 600 MB & 35GB to one client for 42$ / yr ???

Having 20 clients will get you just near 1000$ but you're already above the BW limit given by the most generous server-sellers !!!
    That's where Rackshack.net comes in!
    36Host.com - $36/year web hosting [affiliates earn 30%]
    * Affordable Small Business Web Hosting since 2003! *
    "500mb space, 10gb bandwith, 50 pop/ftp accounts, php,
    mysql, pre-installed php scripts, 24/7 support & more...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BUT

I meant more generous than RackShack Omair ; )
    See 20x35GB is Double of what Rackshack gives you.
    And what Rackshack gives you is also an oversell practise ; )

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

measure the quality of traffic

My best way to get results from advertising is not to increase the number of visitors.
    We have to measure quality of traffic separately for each advertising source.

There are a lot of different online tools that may help.
    full list
    http://dmoz.org/Business/Marketing/I...c_Measurement/

my favorite list
    http://www.promotionstat.com
    http://www.netauditnow.com
    http://www.roibot.com

Eugene
    espresso machines & gourmet coffee
    http://www.1-800-espresso.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my best techniques

Personally I've been getting the best results from pay per click advertising. It's simply a matter of knowing how much profit you get for each visitor (and this is going to be different for different sources of visitors). So, on average I spend 9 cents per click to get visitors on the pay per click search engines, and generate 56 cents in revenue (not including repeat sales).

However, for web hosting pay per clicks are difficult, in fact every method of getting traffic is difficult because it is so competitive. Probably the most competitive area on the web. I have managed to get a few clicks on the pay per click search engines for 5 cents for web hosting, but that's only after thinking of some very obscure words and word combinations that people might search for. Generally you have a lot ...

The best thing I can recommend is doing joint ventures with companies that market to a similar audience as you, get an affiliate program and get them to promote your hosting on their site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will agree with the rest.... Search engine results are the best..... BUT, the more links you have on other sites the better off your are. This counts big time with search engines. The more links from other websites the higher you go in the rankings.

Things that can help are affiliate programs, link exchanges, etc. The best thing you can do is find sites that relate to yours and ask to exchange links. 50% of the time they will, the other 50% you may have to pay for, but its worth it in most cases.

Iím not saying pay for a link at www.ilovecokeandcheese.com but pay for the popular sites. A good example is, if your link is on CNN.com you will move up the rankings BIG TIME. The only problem is getting your site listed on CNN. The good news is that I know how to get your site on CNN.com........

Rob a bank and tattoo your domain to your *** and as you run away moon the cameras....

disclaimer: iwinweely does not condone robbing banks to promote websites
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, had to comment on that, was too funny! On a more serious note, without a doubt Search Engines bring the best traffic, it's just a matter of getting good rankings on popular keywords. So much easier said than done, especially in a competitive market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Writing and publishing articles helped some of my sites' traffic alot. Syndicate those articles is good too.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    word of mouth - slow but effective and creates loyalty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way is to link exchange with sites similiar to yours.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally the best way I built traffic was through building my ezine subscriber list and buying ezine ads from other sites.