Hello guys

I have two computers in a network running Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1. One computer is used as a webserver and the other computer has several files and used mainly for storage. On the webserver machine I have created a website. Users can log into the website through a page that is using ASP Classic to access an MS Access 2003 database. This database is in the same directory as the webpages. Users authenticate alright and they get redirected to another ASP Classic webpage that is trying to read data from a different database zkp.mdb, again in MS Access 2003 format. Now this second database is in the second computer, the one used for storing files. I am trying to use ODBC DSN to connect to this second database and it is not happening!

here is the connection string code:

Set Cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Cn.Open "DSN=zkpdatabase"
Set Rst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
Rst.Open "SELECT * FROM tbl_data order by DateOfCall DESC",Cn

here is the error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

the line that has the error is Cn.Open "DSN=zkpdatabase"

I tried moving zkp.mdb to the webserver so that it resides locally with all the webpages, changed the path accordingly for the ODBC DSN and it works fine! So my guess is that the connection string is working OK. None of these two databases have a password associated and I know that the two computers can see each other on the network. Also I need to mention that I have not installed MS Office on any of the two computers.

Where could the problem be? I have spent half a day searching on Google and got literally exhausted. The first results direct me to Microsoft Knowledge base advising me to update my database drivers, however it says my version of Windows is up to date.

I thought it could be the permissions of the directory of zkp.mbd on the second machine, but all permissions are given. Could this be an issue with a guest account? Do windows Server 2003 have that?

Surely I can't be the only with this issue, I mean trying to access an .mdb file remotely using DSN.

Any help would be really appreciated.

-Mawgar