SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do YOU believe in Global Warming?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 60.00%
  • NO

0 0%
  • It's a natural event

2 40.00%
  • It's a manmade event

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

axiom5.com (Environment Community You = Axiom5) A positive global concept

Hello to all SitePoint Users.

I have a positive global business concept underway and looking for honest reviews with regards to my website www.axiom5.com (self made and taught) as you will see.

Thanks in advance to all who assist.

Best Wishes

Axiom5

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to SitePoint

I like your idea. However the site you have there is not what people would expect from a modern business. To be very direct and honest, it looks extremely dated. For your business to succeed I would think strongly about how you can improve the site design to appeal to more business leaders and members. One quick way would be to hire a designer here on SitePoint, through the Contests, to do the design for you so that you can focus on your business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armchaircritic View Post
    Welcome to SitePoint

I like your idea. However the site you have there is not what people would expect from a modern business. To be very direct and honest, it looks extremely dated. For your business to succeed I would think strongly about how you can improve the site design to appeal to more business leaders and members. One quick way would be to hire a designer here on SitePoint, through the Contests, to do the design for you so that you can focus on your business.
    Thank you armchaircritic I am glad you like my "axiom5" business concept.

I appreciate your comments on my new website.....all will be updated professionally when funding is available.

A free Axiom5 Life Membership "Global Benefits Card" for you if you like.

Best Wishes

Axiom5.....michael

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site doesn't look professional at all and it's difficult to attract customers. To begin , I think the globe animated gif can be replaced by a better looking one.Also , the font color doesn't match with the background , because it makes it difficult to read.As for the layout , well... it's usable but far away from looking a professional one.Good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrock32 View Post
    The site doesn't look professional at all and it's difficult to attract customers. To begin , I think the globe animated gif can be replaced by a better looking one.Also , the font color doesn't match with the background , because it makes it difficult to read.As for the layout , well... it's usable but far away from looking a professional one.Good work
    Thanks bbrock32 for taking the time to view and comment on my website, all comments will be taken onboard for consideration when we update our site.

Best Wishes

Axiom5.....michael

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to learn how to create a modern website yourself Axiom, then I would highly recomend the SitePoint book Build your own website the right way Using HTML & CSS..

I figured that you probably made your page with a HTML Editor. For reasons why you might like to start over and learn through this book read this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armchaircritic View Post
    If you want to learn how to create a modern website yourself Axiom, then I would highly recomend the SitePoint book Build your own website the right way Using HTML & CSS..

I figured that you probably made your page with a HTML Editor. For reasons why you might like to start over and learn through this book read this
    Thanks again..........I will check out the link you gave me.

Much appreciated.

Axiom5.....michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone pretty much nailed it already... your site doesn't look very professional. You have pretty much done every newbie mistake it is possibly to do. Spinning logos, scrolling text, centering your page text, and unreadable text/font colors.

Don’t feel bad… we all did it our first time to .

If your just trying to get a website up for you company and not really planning on being a full-time web designer anytime soon, I would just use a template or layout if I were you. While templates and layouts are kind of generic, they are leaps and bounds ahead of where you are now.

However, if you plan to make more of your own websites in the future and are genially interested in improving your web design skill, then my suggestion to you is to start reading and do a few tutorials. You need to learn the basics before you can make another website.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kego View Post
    Everyone pretty much nailed it already... your site doesn't look very professional. You have pretty much done every newbie mistake it is possibly to do. Spinning logos, scrolling text, centering your page text, and unreadable text/font colors.

Don’t feel bad… we all did it our first time to .

If your just trying to get a website up for you company and not really planning on being a full-time web designer anytime soon, I would just use a template or layout if I were you. While templates and layouts are kind of generic, they are leaps and bounds ahead of where you are now.

However, if you plan to make more of your own websites in the future and are genially interested in improving your web design skill, then my suggestion to you is to start reading and do a few tutorials. You need to learn the basics before you can make another website.

Good luck!
    Thanks Kego for taking the time to view and comment on my site......I will check out the templates to give it a more professional look as you suggested.

It (building website) has been a great learning experience and very time consuming....I now have a little insight into the workings of a website and possibly have a better understanding when communicating with a professional webmaster when we update our website.

Best Wishes

Axiom5.....michael

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

When first visiting the website, the background immediately reminds me of a 1995 site created with Microsoft Frontpage. From first impressions, this definitely needs to improved to create a more serious and attractive image for the client.

The next thing I notice is the spinning globe. Now this just takes the cake. Animated gifs were the flagship of the 90s, and instantly create that unprofessional and retro feeling.

Are you aware that on various pages, there is a white transparent box overlapping the main picture of the page? If so, I hope this wasn't on purpose, as to be frank, it looks awful. I don't know why you're keeping that one background image on each page.

The menu is half decent, but could still use some work. I'd recommend a smoother font and a darker colour to better contrast the site.

Having a look at a code, it is obviously generated by a program. It is fairly poor code and could use some work.

Over all, a lot of work reqired. Good luck.
    Professional Web Development Australia - JAB Interactive

Available for freelance work - please contact me