User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Form to text file or FTP command

Hello,

I need to upload a file from a known location on a server to a static FTP address. Now I was using Windows built in FPT client which is easy and I can create a text file which contains the FTP commands i.e open 10.10.10.10 put file1

for example, The problem is the name of the file to be uploaded changes and the ftp script is simply a DOS text file. I need to therefore ask the user for the name to the file to upload and then using this together with the FTP command (as all other infomation stays the same) to upload the file. I was thinking about creating a simple web page asking them to put the name of the file into the form hot go. It would be good if the JavaScript could then take the input from the from as the file name and then FTP this (from the source directory which always stays the same) to the destination which also always stays the same.

Any ideas Please?
    Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really possible to upload and manipulate files using javascript. If your looking for something similar, try php or asp. www.hotscripts.com has a lot of scripts like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the simplest one would be an ordinary bat file:

Code:
    upload.bat:

echo open 10.10.01 > ftp.cmd
    echo put %1 >> ftp.cmd
    etc
    ftp < ftp.cmd
    del ftp.cmd
    user then just calls upload myfile.doc from command line. If you need "GUI" for this, the same can be also done with windows scripting host.