SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Google Theories

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have ideas for maximizing Google ranking?

We all know google does ranking by links, actually having links in your signature here and posting regularly (so when google spiders it it sees posts you did) increases your page ranking.

If you own more than one site you could make a simple link page and submit it to google for the sole purpose of raising rankings.

What about vanity domains?

I use both literature-web.net and online-literature.com does it take into count links from online-literature.com to literature-web.net? I made a sitemap page that prints out a link to every page on my site (as of now... about 2500 pages) would all those links increase my rankings? What if I copied my page and put it on other sites I run. Would having all those 2500 links from about 7 or 8 sites raise my rankings?

Google, being Yahoo's search provider, can really bring in alot of traffic and increasing ranking would do alot I think.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google uses the page body text to see if a page is relevant. They store every single page that they index (their cache is awesome) so they can do this.

Use a lot of synonyms on your pages so that searchers can use a number of terms and still find your page. Also, as you mentioned, link yourself in your signature everywhere you post.

It's not hard to get in to Google; very easy, in fact. But to get high up you need to play with its PageRank technology...

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just talking about the links.

Making a bunch of purely link pages from different domains linking to your site and boosting rank that way.

Or even using the same site just with a vanity domain. Would they still count the links on a page even though there is nothing but links on that page.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums