This is a follow up to the Elance Pro blog a few entries ago.
I have a second project, similar to the one that the Elance Pro just did for me. He once again impresses me with his ability to close business. Here is how it worked:
1. I sent him specifications for the project.
2. This morning when I hit the computer, he instant messaged me immediately to thank me for the specs.
3. He asked me my budget for the project. I told him that it should be less than the site he just did for me. He agreed and suggested a ballpark. I agreed to that. He asked if I could start today; I told him early next week.
4. Now it gets interesting. He asked me if he wanted me to have him post the project for him. I said sure.
5. So he posted the project on my behalf and awarded it to himself!
This action not only “closed the deal” for him, but did two other things:
1. He saves 4.75% on elance fees by doing this on a repeat project.
2. He is able to automatically invoice me for half the project fees right away.
So with a brief IM conversation, this developer managed to close a second project. I love that kind of speed and efficiency!
Why Flippa Is the Best Place to Sell Your Website
By SitePoint Team,
In this article, we look at how buying an online business through Flippa compares with buying one through a broker.
Build Your Personal Brand to Boost Your Developer Career
By Adrian Sandu,
Adrian Sandu explains what a personal brand is and how building one can help boost your career. Stake your claim online and level up your brand.
Growing a Business Is About the Customer, Not the Product
By Eleanor Scott,
The first thing most people think about when launching a new enterprise is what they’ll be selling, but what they should really be focusing on is who they’ll be selling to. Although your product is important, no matter how good it is, if people aren't interest in buying it, then your business is likely going to struggle.