Write for SitePoint
Do you want to share your knowledge with the world and get paid to do it? SitePoint is always looking for talented writers to contribute their insights on technology.
If you’re not a writer but are passionate about technology, we’d still love to hear from you! Can you submit drafts in fluent English and share valuable knowledge with other developers? Great. We’re happy to work with you on your piece (and help you learn the ropes of technical content along the way).
We’re always looking for talented people to contribute. Pitch us and let us know what you’re passionate about!
A Few Tips for Technical Content Beginners
If you’re new to technical content writing, you should keep a few things in mind.
- First, your article should be well researched and accurate. You should be able to back up your claims with concrete evidence.
- Second, it should be clear and concise—our readers are busy people, so they appreciate articles that get to the point.
- Third, it’s important to be able to explain complex concepts in layman’s terms. And to put them together in a way that helps the reader click.
- And lastly, remember that a little humor goes a long way! We want our readers to enjoy your article, even if it is about a dry subject.
If you can keep these things in mind, you’re on your way to becoming a SitePoint contributor! We look forward to reading your pitches.
Pitches We’re Looking For
We’re always interested in hearing from developers, designers, content creators, and digital makers who want to write about the latest and most impactful technologies.
Some of the topics we’ve written about recently include:
- Front-end architecture
- Web performance and accessibility
- Frameworks like React, Vue, Svelte, Solid.js, Next.js, Gatsby, and runtimes like Node and Deno
- Python — from data science to Django
- Rust, the rise of WebAssembly, and serverless computing
- Tailwind CSS, Figma, and Webflow
- Notion, Airtable, and Zapier
No matter what your level of expertise is, we want to hear from you! We’re interested in articles for beginner, intermediate, and advanced audiences.
Our core areas are:
Web Development and Design
- Python and PHP
- WordPress, Ghost, and other content management systems
- User experience design and design tools like Figma
Entrepreneurship & Digital Marketing
- SEO, content marketing, and social media
- Productivity tips for freelancers and solopreneurs
- Web hosting & development tools
- The business of web development and design
- Freelancing and running a web-based business
- Growth Hacking
No-Code & Low-Code Tools
- Workflows and integrations with apps like Notion, Airtable, Zapier
- App builders like Webflow, Bubble, and AppSheet
- Marketing automation tools like HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit
Development Tools & Environments
- Domain name registrars & site builders
- Text editors, code playgrounds, and collaboration tools
- Code testing & debugging tools
- Package managers & dependency management tools
What We Offer Our Contributors
We believe in fair pay for fair work and offer generous rates on accepted submissions.
We have a rigorous editorial process to ensure that your article is the best it can be before it goes live on the site. Our editors will work with you to make sure your article is clear, concise, and well researched.
And of course, we’ll promote your article on our social media channels and newsletter to help you get the most exposure for your work.
Ready to Write for Us?
If you’re interested in becoming a SitePoint contributor, the first step is to fill out our pitch form. We look forward to hearing from you!