SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    freewebsitereport.org

    Hi, I have gone through other website review threads and I should agree that the the feedbacks and suggestion are so good, with the same expectation i am submitting my latest work on estimating website advertising revenue website: http://www.freewebsitereport.org

    Before i ask you to review, I would like to provide you some heads up on the features that we have it as an unique, comparing with other similar service providing websites, our site is an fast growing estimation website developed by myself, yes I am the founder of freewebsitereport.org

    I should agree that all other sites mentioned here are as good as mine.

    Few notable feature on my sites are,

    1. Update your site value once in 3 days.
    2. Historical price chart, you can see all your previous values (Unlimited).
    3. User reviews for individual websites.
    4. Adult and Malware warning.
    5. A organic keyword research playground, on a separate site - organickeywords.org
    6. A detailed backlink report site, you can see the actual links that are linked back to your website, you can also check the current backlink status (alive/dead) - websitebacklinks.com
    7. Google Friend connect social login facility, you can use your Yahoo/Gmail/Twitter account to Login to our site and leave your reviews for websites.
    ... adding more features. sure feel free to suggest us more....

  2. #2
    Non-Member buzzerchat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please change the fonts text its not matching with your website.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzerchat View Post
    please change the fonts text its not matching with your website.
    Thx for your comments, we have started working on and reconsidering the font size and type. thx again.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Integrate ads to look better

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your main body of text on the front page is all blocked together in one big lump making it unappealing to the eye, putting me off reading it, so I miss your key messages.

    The lack of a distinct site banner other than some text with the background color set means your site does not have a distinct identity and feels amateurish.

    The mixing of adult content websites together with regular sites will put many people off viewing your site, as I was presented with a small adult website thumbnail on your front page in the Random Website Thumbnail section. Have a separate section for sites which fall in to this adult content category, otherwise people are unlikely to follow your suggestion of "please recommend it to your friends and family".
    If at first you don't succeed... buy it from someone else
    Life's to short to be wasting time trying again and again!

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say technowonder has made excellent points.

    It's not that welcoming.

    Lose the silly stock illustration image on the right, move the google ads so the text doesn't have to wrap around it.

    "These are only estimations and suggestions not the exact sciences."

    Don't make excuses for your whole site's benefit in the opening paragraph! You'll want to have a (better phrased) C.Y.A. legal disclaimer somewhere, but not here.

    Nice concept. Bookmarked for future reference.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member qfeast_quizzes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,

    You website is cool as a source of information but I would recommend to consider a little redesign, as now it looks quite heavy (too many information stick on a small area).

  8. #8
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of information - spot on.

    From a design perspective, it's pretty dire. As soon as I went onto the page I did not know where to look first, just a mass of text. Perhaps you could try to incorporate some more images, perhaps a banner. There needs to be something at the top that just tells me what the heck you do - I still don't know what your site is about and can't be bothered to read through it all to find out.

    Play with words a little, using words such as 'Discover more', 'learn more', etc are great ways to lure visitors into clicking something. Hope this helps.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chennaibeatz View Post
    Integrate ads to look better
    Thx chennaibeatz, we have added ads on our main page.

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technowonder View Post
    Your main body of text on the front page is all blocked together in one big lump making it unappealing to the eye, putting me off reading it, so I miss your key messages.

    The lack of a distinct site banner other than some text with the background color set means your site does not have a distinct identity and feels amateurish.

    The mixing of adult content websites together with regular sites will put many people off viewing your site, as I was presented with a small adult website thumbnail on your front page in the Random Website Thumbnail section. Have a separate section for sites which fall in to this adult content category, otherwise people are unlikely to follow your suggestion of "please recommend it to your friends and family".
    thx technowonder, very good reviews, your points are very clear and makes lot of sense to us. We are working on adding a nice website logo with text that explains what the site does. Also i am gona get rid of that small image from the right hand side + the ads. I have already remove the moving banner as users not liking the moving thing also the adult pics. Thanks again Appreciate you time on this. Please provide your re reviews when you have time again.

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sofaman View Post
    I'd say technowonder has made excellent points.

    It's not that welcoming.

    Lose the silly stock illustration image on the right, move the google ads so the text doesn't have to wrap around it.

    "These are only estimations and suggestions not the exact sciences."

    Don't make excuses for your whole site's benefit in the opening paragraph! You'll want to have a (better phrased) C.Y.A. legal disclaimer somewhere, but not here.

    Nice concept. Bookmarked for future reference.
    Hi sofaman - You made a very clear point that we shouldn't put that doubtful sentence, as it might discourage user from even trying the site. i am gona remove it today. thanks for spending your time on my site. I owe you guys a beer or something

  12. #12
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coxdabd View Post
    In terms of information - spot on.

    From a design perspective, it's pretty dire. As soon as I went onto the page I did not know where to look first, just a mass of text. Perhaps you could try to incorporate some more images, perhaps a banner. There needs to be something at the top that just tells me what the heck you do - I still don't know what your site is about and can't be bothered to read through it all to find out.

    Play with words a little, using words such as 'Discover more', 'learn more', etc are great ways to lure visitors into clicking something. Hope this helps.
    Sure i will add images to explain the concept of this site. Will work on my content to keep it interesting

  13. #13
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see some highlighted text. for me its not very good.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the idea and code behind the site seem good... but the design is just a little to basic, even for a web tool.... I would work on the type, layout and spacing.... it is very bunched up and needs more space so that it is easier to pinpoint the data.

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydeee View Post
    I see some highlighted text. for me its not very good.
    Highlighted text remove.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirch View Post
    the idea and code behind the site seem good... but the design is just a little to basic, even for a web tool.... I would work on the type, layout and spacing.... it is very bunched up and needs more space so that it is easier to pinpoint the data.
    Yes we are working hard to improve the UI. we have done some major changes now. one more look please?

  17. #17
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grrr please no curly fonts
    Give some air to the footer.
    I think that some stronger color for the text in "Recent Website Valuations" will focus the visitor attention much better, now i feel like my eyes can't concentrate on one place because of so much information in so little space with same color contrast.
    I also would suggest, "happier" orange line for the "Recent Website Valuations" section. And maybe 1px white shadow for the text in there.

  18. #18
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by memario View Post
    Grrr please no curly fonts
    Give some air to the footer.
    I think that some stronger color for the text in "Recent Website Valuations" will focus the visitor attention much better, now i feel like my eyes can't concentrate on one place because of so much information in so little space with same color contrast.
    I also would suggest, "happier" orange line for the "Recent Website Valuations" section. And maybe 1px white shadow for the text in there.
    Hi memario, Thx for your unique comments, I will work on comments that now.

  19. #19
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a short rundown of what your site was about from the short description near the top of the page but was turned off when I saw a typo (not to be picky or anal) but it screamed amateur and discouraged me from continuing or staying on your site.

    Usefull - is spelled useful.

  20. #20
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wholesomemaid View Post
    I got a short rundown of what your site was about from the short description near the top of the page but was turned off when I saw a typo (not to be picky or anal) but it screamed amateur and discouraged me from continuing or staying on your site.

    Usefull - is spelled useful.
    Hi wholesomemaid, Thats weird . I have been thought to use useful with one 'l', not sure if 2 'l' is the correct one, I Googled it and found the spelling 'useful' is the rite one. Any ways, thanks for mentioning something which others might not even notice. Good eye.

  21. #21
    SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    John_Betong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    1,833
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Overall the look and feel is not appealing.

    I like the statistics, how about a league table showing, daily, weekly, most popular or something along those lines?
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

    How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

    Be sure to congratulate Patche on earning Member of the Month for July 2014

  22. #22
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale CA
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Betong View Post
    Overall the look and feel is not appealing.

    I like the statistics, how about a league table showing, daily, weekly, most popular or something along those lines?
    Hi John, Thx for your comments. We actually had full of stats on home page, but after comments from multiple DP users, I remove all of them and just kept the recent estimation table. May be I your are rite I should put one new page with all stats and link it from the main page.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I put in my site name and nothing happened, just a google internal search, Did i do something wrong

  24. #24
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the way this website is designed. I'm not sure about the color of the background. Not a big fan of black. Just my two cents.

  25. #25
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like the website, especially the rank of the most recent sites valued down the 'left centre'. Perhaps a bit more definition between sections but otherwise very impressive! Good luck!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •