Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Site Review...

Hello all,

I would like some feedback on this site:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/hfqlg/

usability, accessability, features, ease of use... etc...

Thanks!
    SKILEASES.COM - FREE rental listings!
    WILDFIREBLOG.COM - Wildland Fire microblog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this site. The colors are very pleasing and green is not really used that much in sites so it was a nice change. Everything worked for me and could easily navigate around. I would try to integrate the Google search better onto your site instead of just going to Google default page.

SitePoint Evangelist WebMachine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the way the site is not too cluttered ... large enough font and good separation between articles so that my first impression was not information overload (which usually hastens my retreat from a website). I also find the colour scheme very relaxed and inviting - good choice. I only see one issue. I am viewing the website on IE7 and the top of the navigation bar on the left seems to be half covering up part of something containing a few links. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think you really meant it to be that way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good point is that the site is very cleare and the colur combination is a lso very good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice, everything is clear, direct and easy to navigate, one thing you have the XHTML valid button down the left sidebar but the page isn't valid.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice indeed

Hi, for me when I look at it the search box is hiden by the left side navigation. I like the darker green, I don't see to many sites with this color and it's really nice.

I see that you are using the same title on every pages, you might want to change them for better seo.

If you added links to your pages in your footer would probably help as well.

Good luck hope it helped.

David
    Penny Auction Canada / US Penny Auction
    Penny Auction Coupon Group Buying Power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

The website is very easy to use in my opinion which is fantastic. I hate those websites that are hard to browse. Your content is well put together aiding to the usability factor.

The navigation is very easy to spot and clearly indicated with rollovers which again is good.

The use of complimentary colours work well in your design and help keep my attention. I would have liked to see more photos, I understand you have photos but they are small. Maybe offer a pop up to an enlargement?

The only problem I could find was that the search field and button is half missing in IE7. Works fine in Firefox 2.0.0.9 however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, my first impression of the site was that it looked like it was created in the 90's. Kind of like the old government and educational sites. I can't provide a simple suggestion for a fix. Just my opinion.

I will agree that the color is very nice. The header graphic looks nice also and not too high like some sites.

Good catch by thebookish on the fact that you are using the XHTML validation icon when it's not really valid. Shouldn't be too tough to get it valid again though. Looks pretty minor.

Along with your title being the same on every page, so is your Description and Keywords meta tags.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site design looks nice, but I don't like the color of the site (too much green, although the color fits with the site purpose).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice design, the colours go well and some very well balanced. and its done in css. well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Woounderful Site and I loved It...

Nice Site....I like the Informations about Forest and all are Green in colors...
    I like Your Site Very Much.....