SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist spinmaster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZEND Studio V5 - improvements of speed/GUI?

Hi,

I've lately been thinking about switching to ZEND Studio. As I can read in a lot of threads about ZS, most people are/were complaining about the speed of the GUI.

Can someone tell me if this has improved with the latest version 5?? Any users here who are using ZEND Studio V5 who can tell me from their experience?

Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZS takes a long time to start because of jvm startup. Once started, it's fast enough...

SitePoint Evangelist spinmaster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx! Anyone else??

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too found it incredibly slow when I first tried it (one of the original releases) so if that is what turned you off then you will be pleased with v5. My only complaint at the moment is that if you are using it in a remote development situation in which you are ftp-ing your saves (vs. maybe doing a samba mount) the saves are rather slow. This can be irritating. I usually try to set up a development environment locally (I have several servers in the office) and samba share so I can bypass ftp. That works nicely.

Bottom line is I would highly recommend it.

On a related note, anyone found a decent Javascript editor (code completion mainly-Firefox has a decent debugger as well as Venkman).