When I'm positioning or defining a table for example with HTML and CSS, what should I use to put the CSS style="" on the page?

<P> or <EM> or <DIV> or <SPAN>

Which of the above would I use to position a table? Here I'm using DIV.

<div style="left: 10; top: 0; width: 200; height: 80; position: absolute">

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="350" height="90">

<td width="33%" style="border-bottom: 10px solid #CCCCCC; border-left: 1px solid #CCCCCC; border-right: 1px solid #CCCCCC; font-family:Verdana; font-size:8pt" height="80" valign="top">



I don't want something that will insert a line break or any added positioning (I believe P begins a new Paragraph correct?)

Thanks in advance,