User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE table problems

Hey,

In firefox my site appears fine but in IE the main table is exploded and the content is squished. I've really no idea what went wrong, if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

http://www.satirecity.com

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried running this page through a validator? You have some nesting problems in your tr tags that could be causing your problems and Im VERY curious why you have used a xhtml 1.0 doctype because with that doctype you have 211 validations errors and a lot of them would "go away" by simply using an HTML 4.01 doctype. Quite simply this code is nowhere NEAR XHTML. I wont copy and paste the whole error page here (its rather long!) but the tr nesting error is here:

Line 71, column 13: end tag for "tr" which is not finished

<tr> </tr>

Most likely, You nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element (e.g. 'ul') which requires a child element (e.g. 'li') that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete.
    You are ALSO going to want to get this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

out of that code! IE FREAKS on that tag! Quirksmode BIG TIME! Get rid of it, you dont need it because its being served up as HTML NOT XML.