…posted by davidjmedlock:
Okay, you saw my blog about Ben Forta’s CFUG tour this summer. So far the only two cities I’ve seen confirmed have been Phoenix, AZ and Jacksonville, FL. The list is incomplete as of now, though, so those of you in other cities can keep your fingers crossed.
As a part of the tour, Ben will be discussing ColdFusion “BlackStone” – the next version of ColdFusion MX (v. 7). Now, we all know that programmers are more curious than cats. (Though seldom do I hear the phrase “curiosity killed the coder”.) So, I started digging and didn’t have to go too incredibly far to get some juicy tidbits on CFMX 7. Anything in this blog, though, is unconfirmed, so don’t hold me to it:
– Flash forms will be available using CFFORM (very cool)
– A CFGROUP tag that allows you to group forms into tabs, accordion interfaces, etc. (also very cool)
– A CFDOCUMENT tag that allows CF to create PDF’s and will possibly support other formats later on
Of course, it’d be absolutely awesome if they’d include some image manipulation in there, since that may be one of the single most requested functionalities for CF. It also makes sense, as the other major scripting/web languages have image manipulation features built in. I better not get my hopes up.
This is where I found the information: http://devilm.com/archives/000105.html
It seems like there are quite a few blogs out there offering the same juicy morsels of information. I’ll try and stay on top of things as they develop and of course, when CFMX7 is out, I’ll be sure to write up a couple of thorough articles on the new features.
SitePoint WordPress Restaurant Theme
SitePoint WordPress Ecommerce Theme
SitePoint WordPress Portfolio Theme
Elm: A Beginners' Guide to Elm and Data
Wrapping Your Head Around Python
Jump Start Git
Level Up Your Web Apps With Go
Jump Start MySQL
Jump Start Git
- 1 Adobe XD Tutorial: A Pain-free Way to Import Assets
- 2 5 Ways to Delight with UX Details Combining GIFs and CSS
- 3 There Are More Virtual Reality Headsets Than You Realize!
- 4 Elastic and On Demand - Why Influx Is the Solution for Customer Support
- 5 What Tutorials Don't Tell You: How to Approach Projects