Hi All
I maintain a site done with frames, and have some serious difficulties with forcing the frames to appear.

Some of my colleagues want to send emails to customers with references to specific pages, as well as newsletters with references to specific pages.

The problem is this, if you link to a specifik content page, you will not get the navigation frames.

I know that this can easily be resolved with ASP, but that's not available to me
However, I do have PHP availabe to me, but no skills with PHP yet.

I've tried to solve this by means of JavaScripts, but since I have framesets within framesets it is quite difficult to get it right. At some point I thought I had it, but the scripts were fired, even when the frames were loaded correctly.

The JavaScript I've used is based on the one found on http://www.webreference.com/js/tips/000405.html. The problem with using this script is passing values from the content page to the page that defines the first frameset, and from that page to the page that defines the second frameset.

The defining framesets looks like this:

___index.htm___
<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" rows="71,*">
<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" cols="135,*">
<frame name="top_left" target="main" noresize scrolling="no" src="top_left.htm" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<frame name="menu" target="main" noresize scrolling="no" src="top_right.htm" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
</frameset>
<frame name="main_all" scrolling="no" noresize target="main" src="main_frame.htm" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
</frameset>
------------
The frame named "main_all" is the one that contains the second frameset.

___main_frame.htm___
<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" cols="135,*">
<frame name="left" src="left.htm" scrolling="no" noresize target="_self" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<frame name="right" src="main.htm" scrolling="auto" noresize target="_self" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
</frameset>
-------------
The frame named "right" is the one that contains the content.

It is not possible for me to change the layout of the framesets, or combine them into one file, since there's also an applet for navigation that relies on the paths to different pages.

To see the site in question, please point your browser to www.7n.dk. The site is in Danish, but the HTML is not

Has anyone overcome this problem?

Regards
Morgan Roderick (Webmaster in despair)
morgan.roderick@7n.dk - www.7n.dk - www.penbid.com