User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this Technique bring traffic ?

Hello Friends,

I placed few of my .in domains for an auction, @ affiliate summit with an idea that some potential end users may put the domain name in their browsers which links to my main domain sale site.

Dead line for submission of domain for auction is over. Even now i feel that those domains are not exposed to bidders. Did this idea work out to get high quality visitors which lead for a sale

If it works out i have to register some .info domains for next auction at different auction center / market places.

Friends who already sold their domains through auction may very well about this and they help me please.
    Domain Seller : collisiondomains.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think particularly for .in domain there are less buyers as it is country specific tld and people still can get few good domain name for .in direct from registrar. Best to create a site and monetize it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poker.in is auctioned and sold for $ 60000 you know < even though it is not equal to .com > i know. Create a site and monetize it is okay, if you have one / two domains. But as a domainer i have 100's of domains . I spend most of my time to search good quality domains and register them. So that i can add them to my portfolio.

Business Growth *******s, Inc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Micfo is correct about this. The audience for more general extensions is much bigger, though also harder to get something worth while in the .com and .net realm.

Maybe you should try expanding your reach by putting up the auction at more websites. SitePoint could be one of them but there are many more websites like these around.

-Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I accept with edora as i will get more audience and potential buyers for my domains if all are .coms / .nets but it is ultimately impossible to register a single word .com generic / if you search for few hours you can find one / two - two word .com Generic domains. At present i find difficult to find a single word .in also

The only thing i need from extensions other than .com is to get some domain end users. More over if you search you will get very very best keywords in .in / info / .us ETC which will surely pull potential buyers to my main domain sale site.More over these tlds are sold at some good bucks at several auctions.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could list them on mutiple forums to get more traffic. I think your still better off with .com or net even if it is not one word domain name.

SitePoint Enthusiast Eric Engel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of doubt this being effective at all. BUT if it's going to work, you might try to focus in on certain groups when you do this.

For example, you list a site like designing.in. Instead of having it lead to your whole portfolio, let it go to a cluster of other design names, like NiceDesignsOnline.com (include all the TLDs).

Depending on the likelihood of selling one of your domains at a high price, you might actually put some money into advertising these subject-focused clusters. Most forums will give you some reasonable prices banner ads. If it's a well designed / well worded ad, you might be able to pick up all the newbie traffic on the forum who still doesn't have their own site.