SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 109
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What are the best quality backlinks?

    Whick type of backlink will help my serps the most?
    Directories, Forums, Blogs, Similar websites etc...

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of forum posts to generate backlinks. Commenting properly on forums works too. High ranking websites will lots of inbound links are good. I like run of site text link campaigns on related websites, but people I know say run of site isnt ideal...
    Evan, CEO
    Experience Advertising, Inc. Affiliate Program Management

  3. #3
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,824
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pages that are most closely related to your page that have the highest PR are the most valuable regardless or anything else.
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  4. #4
    SitePoint Evangelist speda1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unsolicited links are the best. You can't really do anything other than build content to get them.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Links from sites with the same content as yours are valuable ( related links)
    Directory submissions are a perfect and easy way to get related links, since most directories have lots of categories.
    Here is a list of strong directories: http://www.directoryrate.com/

    Also try to get link exchanges from the sites that rank high in google within your niche.
    PR6/PS5 DirFly Directory
    PR5 Bidding Directory Exchange Game traffic: RedPython Games
    Upload big Files: Megafileupload.com

  6. #6
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From the Search Engine Optimization FAQ:

    What is a quality link?

    A quality link is:

    1) On topic (The page linking to your page is about the same main topic)
    2) Ranked well for the keyphrase you are after (In the top 1,000)
    3) Contains the keywords you wish to rank well for
    4) Has high PR (PR 4 or higher)

    I left out high traffic because that is irrelevant from an SEO point of view. But if you're looking at the big picture that would be #5.

  7. #7
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pzelf View Post
    Directory submissions are a perfect and easy way to get related links, since most directories have lots of categories.
    Directory links are low quality links. They're good for new sites getting started but they carry very little weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by pzelf View Post
    Also try to get link exchanges from the sites that rank high in google within your niche.
    Link exchanges are greatly devalued by Google so I wouldn't put them on the list of quality links.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exchanging links with quality, high pr, related sites can give quality backlinks.

  9. #9
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edongzkisiete View Post
    Exchanging links with quality, high pr, related sites can give quality backlinks.
    Did you read my post right above yours?

    We need the rep system back again.......

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    relevent links with good pr are good

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting the links from related sites will help you provided that these site should have good PR

  12. #12
    O Rly?? JakeJeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    The pages that are most closely related to your page that have the highest PR are the most valuable regardless or anything else.
    QFT

  13. #13
    Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK Nr Manchester
    Posts
    3,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Link exchanges are greatly devalued by Google so I wouldn't put them on the list of quality links.
    What the reasoning behind that?

    That's another contradiction to what it says in the Sitepoint SEM/SEO kit. You're just confusing the hell out of me

  14. #14
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    What the reasoning behind that?

    That's another contradiction to what it says in the Sitepoint SEM/SEO kit. You're just confusing the hell out of me
    That kit is kinda old so that information in it may be outdated.

    Google devalues it because it is a clear manipulation of their system. It basically is a "vote exchange". They essentially negate each other's value. One way links are what everyone should be seeking.

  15. #15
    Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK Nr Manchester
    Posts
    3,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    That kit is kinda old so that information in it may be outdated.
    It's the second edition, which only came out in Sept this year so it should be pretty current. At least, I wouldn't expect there to be a glaring errors or omissions because it's few months old, would you?

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member SEO Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VAIO
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best link you can get is from your direct competitor.

  17. #17
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hhhmm links from high PR blogger blog's that are related to ur niche for for google serps

  18. #18
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    It's the second edition, which only came out in Sept this year so it should be pretty current. At least, I wouldn't expect there to be a glaring errors or omissions because it's few months old, would you?
    Any time someone is selling something for SEO you can be sure it will contain lots of speculation and tips that are suspect in an effort to make their product seem more authoritative and worth buying. Most products that are SEO related that are not free are not worth reading and contain a decent amount of misinformation and bad speculation. The best sources for SEO information are from the free resources.

    Quote Originally Posted by honestandy View Post
    hhhmm links from high PR blogger blog's that are related to ur niche for for google serps
    That's completely untrue. Those blogs use nofollow on their external links so they have no SEO value.

  19. #19
    In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Aurora, Illinois
    Posts
    15,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if I recall correctly, the second edition of the SitePoint SEO Kit went to press before Google made it known that they weren't kidding about planning to devalue link exchanges (by pushing out the PR update).

  20. #20
    SitePoint Zealot ecctao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In different rank of you web ,need dofferent backlinks!
    Good quality and best price of LED Display|and T5, T8 LED Tubes

  21. #21
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    links from the sites that has good PR(above or equal to 4) will definetely help you whether it is directory or forum

  22. #22
    Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK Nr Manchester
    Posts
    3,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Any time someone is selling something for SEO you can be sure it will contain lots of speculation and tips that are suspect in an effort to make their product seem more authoritative and worth buying. Most products that are SEO related that are not free are not worth reading and contain a decent amount of misinformation and bad speculation. The best sources for SEO information are from the free resources.
    You see that just puts me in a very awkward situation.

    I've just finished reading an excellent SEM kit from the people who own this forum , that's helped me pull together my SEO and step up a level. As you can imagine that's quite exciting for me.

    On this forum however, is someone who appears to be an SEO expert and seems to have the respect of the regular posters, who is saying the opposite to some of what I've just read in the kit.

    I'd like to believe that Sitepoint are an SEO authority, and I'd like to believe that you are too, trouble is I can't believe both because you contradict each other at times.

    I think I just had an epiphany moment.......

    Testing testing testing testing testing testing.................................

  23. #23
    SitePoint Zealot WEBLAUNCHPHXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketexpert View Post
    Whick type of backlink will help my serps the most?
    Directories, Forums, Blogs, Similar websites etc...
    Natural back links are the best solution for ranking purpose in all search engines.

    What is natural link?
    A webpage that link to your site "Naturally" Without ever asking them for linking is known as natural link.

    Some tips are listed below for Natural linking.

    @-Quality contents(Unique and Interesting).
    @-Launch some free and helpfull tools on your site.
    @-Publishing articles and news about your services.
    @-Quiz contest on your site.
    @-Make linking easy by providing link code or link option on your link page.

  24. #24
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdawson View Post
    links from the sites that has good PR(above or equal to 4) will definetely help you whether it is directory or forum
    That's not true. If the link is on a very unrelated page to yours you'll find that link will do virtually nothing for you. Don't chase PR.

  25. #25
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    You see that just puts me in a very awkward situation.

    I've just finished reading an excellent SEM kit from the people who own this forum , that's helped me pull together my SEO and step up a level. As you can imagine that's quite exciting for me.

    On this forum however, is someone who appears to be an SEO expert and seems to have the respect of the regular posters, who is saying the opposite to some of what I've just read in the kit.

    I'd like to believe that Sitepoint are an SEO authority, and I'd like to believe that you are too, trouble is I can't believe both because you contradict each other at times.

    I think I just had an epiphany moment.......

    Testing testing testing testing testing testing.................................
    Just keep reading and trying to learn. Time and experience will guide you. It's not like math where 1 + 1 = 2 everywhere you go. Some common sense and deep thinking is required to weed out the fluff and nonsense that permeate SEO. If you're patient and take your time you'll be rewarded for sure.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •