Join the SitePoint Team!
Senior Ruby on Rails/Back-end Developer
SitePoint, an internationally renowned digital publication and educational web development resource, is seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails/all-round back-end developer to join its team on a full-time remote basis. We’re a passionate group of web people dedicated to building industry-leading content enjoyed by other web people worldwide. This role’s objective is to create and maintain quality software that helps us to do that.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for development, and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of amazing developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software across a number of different platforms.
- Work closely with our product manager and our strategy team to introduce features and improvements to our existing platforms.
- Apply Test Driven Development to build web applications to scale with Rails and accompanying tools.
- Join the team in following best practices for continuous integration, refactoring, code standards and Agile principles for software development.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle from planning to release.
- Perform maintenance (bug fixing and upgrades) on our our educational Rails platform, our WordPress blog and our Discourse community platform.
- Share responsibility with the team for responding to alerts and maintaining uptime, occasionally after hours.
- Contribute to the management and continual improvement of SitePoint’s Amazon Web Services setup.
- Work with our front-end developers to design and build RESTful APIs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional experience (ideally 3+ years) as a Ruby on Rails developer.
- Test Driven Development
- Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Common design patterns, including MVC.
- Version Control Systems (Git)
- Continuous Integration
- Agile practices/SCRUM
- An understanding of configuration management and AWS (EC2, Cloudformation) is a plus.
- Competence with PHP/Apache desirable.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “BE Developer”. Please include a link to your GitHub (or other repository) profile if applicable.