SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Name That Tune Contest Thread

This thread is reserved for contest entries for our Name that Tune Contest, on NOW!

Phase Two of our contest starts today. Enter NOW!

Each post in this thread has a list of three song titles. Your job is to pick the correct title for each phase one entry.
    Send your picks to competitions@sitepoint.com.

Winners are those who pick the most correct titles. In case of a tie, the winners will be chosen in the order they submitted their contest entry so enter now!

Phase Two Prizes:

‣ First Place: SitePoint e-book of your choice.
    ‣ Second Place: SitePoint Coffee Mug.

Winners will be announced on May 15.

All SitePoint members, with the exception of staff members, are eligible to enter and win a prize.
    Phase Two entries are limited to one entry per contestant.

This thread is closed for comments.
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:37.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itmitică
    Every human has to deal with this sour sweet thing in its life: love. Love can make us feel so out of this world, that we believe that we can fly like birds. But losing love can break our whole life down. And love and the struggles of love will happen at least once in our human life, there's no doubt about it.

You can be a mister, you can be a beggar, you can be a lady, you can be a maid, I don't care, it's our human nature that we have in common. So you can't escape melancholy and sadness, those things are always near you when you've been touched by love and then you've been denied that precious love we all live for. Those hurtful feelings are there to show us how fragile our life is, and how much we need love once it's gone.
    #1 - Choose the Title
    • Leaving on a Jet Plane
    • Broken Wings
    • Freebird
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:22.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technobear
    This picture was taken last year, when we took a friend out to lunch for her birthday. She chose the venue – and provided the transport as we don't drive. So it was a shared treat, really. Although it was early February, it was a beautiful sunny day, so after lunch we took a walk in the woods next to the hotel. The whole place was carpeted in snowdrops. It was a beautiful sight and I took plenty of photographs. However, this is my favourite, as it sums up for me the relaxed and companionable spirit of that day. The natural beauty of the flowers in the sunshine was breath-taking, but sharing the experience made it really special.
    #2 - Choose the Title
    • You've Got a Friend in Me
    • Whenever I call you friend
    • You've got a friend
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:24.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xhtmlcoder
    They say some people are born lucky and others aren't. There are some that believe they can get rich the easy way or control fate or fortune and even make a pact with the devil himself in the hope that it will bring gold and riches. Some say, it is all in the quickness of wits and sleight of hand, and staying cool while all are losing theirs, a roll of a dice; wealth or an early grave.

The high-roller one minute, silver suite, riding in the limousine, ten foot woofers, gold chains and girls on your arm. Or the whiskey soaked beggar in the gutter with burning feverish eyes the next your choice you made thy bed..
    #3 - Choose the Title
    • The Gambler
    • Ace of Spade
    • Poker Face
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:25.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guido2004
    Everybody's looking for the perfect love, the one that makes your life complete. Always happy, no fights, together in perfect harmony, everlasting paradise. Throughout the ages, there have been written thousands of stories, poems and songs about the perfect love. But sooner or later you realize that perfectness doesn’t exist. Sooner or later you will find some flaw in the other. You will have different ideas about certain things, maybe you will have a fight, or the story may end. That’s ok, that’s life, it’s a matter of giving and taking. Yes, of course, you might get hurt, but, hey, you know what they say…
    #4 - Choose the Title
    • The Rose
    • Counting Flowers on the Wall
    • Every Rose Has Its Thorn

P1010394.JPG
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:28.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xhtmlcoder
    Well, I was thinking one day not too long ago about food as everybody does at times and it hit upon me what I could take for another photo... regarding a very familiar electronic food seen on the internet. Something we all probably know only too well about on the SPF. Anyway, just to show how stupidly simple this competition was I decided to match the two together.

There are plenty of wonderful foods like; pizza, fries, tequila, wine, falafels, beer, bagels, bacon, pickles, sauerkraut, catfish, pineapples, mangoes, wild rice, beans, granola, cheetos, caramel candy, popcorn, ice cream, banana, fudge, corn dogs, mayonnaise, steak sauce, ketchup, mustard, garlic, eggrolls, sushi, rice cakes, oatmeal, cucumbers, biscuits, beef jerky, Pop Tarts, tamales, shish-ka-bob... and of course chocolate. I wouldn't advise trying them all at once but the food I photographed is topical. Lovely. ;-)
    #5 - Choose the Title
    • Theme from the Breakfast Club
    • The Great Pretender
    • The Spam Song
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:30.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technobear
    There is a song which has become associated with athletics and other sports and is often played at events, but I don't really understand why. It's actually a rather-prosaic love-song, with very little to do with athletics (unless you count walking). It's one of the songs played every year before the start of the Great Scottish Run Half Marathon in Glasgow. It does have a strong beat, so it's probably good as motivational music, but every year I look at the runners and think there's another song by the same artists that would be much more appropriate. I stand near the finishing line, watching the runners approach, and so many of them seem to be struggling or suffering. But when they cross that finishing line, they're all so delighted with their achievements, it's a real transformation. And that's what always makes me think of this song.
    #6 - Choose the Title
    • We Are the Champions
    • Theme from Chariots of Fire
    • I'm on My Way
    Last edited by Shyflower; May 1, 2012 at 12:31.