Yes! More jQuery Mobile News! :) They’ve released a new version – jQuery Mobile Alpha 3!
We’re pleased to announce the third alpha release of the jQuery Mobile project. This release includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements to the original jQuery Mobile Alpha 1 and jQuery Mobile Alpha 2 releases.
Overall the quality of jQuery Mobile has been greatly improved. In general, the following improvements have been doing since Alpha 2:
* The team made about 480 commits!
* Fixed around 150 bugs
* Created 240 unit tests (almost all are passing in most browsers)
* Refactored and improved our core and navigation plugins in many ways, and improved consistency across plugin APIs
* Increased our A-Grade browser support to include Firefox Mobile (Fennec), Opera Mobile / Mini, and refined our support for iOS, Android, BlackBerry 6, Palm WebOS, and most modern desktop browsers
* Wrapped the jQuery UI datepicker plugin with a touch optimized theme (it’s not included in our build by default)
* Fixed our “fixed” toolbars – Thanks Kin!
* Improved keyboard and general accessibility support on VoiceOver
* Gotten very close to a-grade support for Windows Phone 7 and Nokia (in branches currently)
* Made headway on several feature branches, like history.pushState support (for hash-free URLs), and simulated scrolling
* Made countless other improvements and optimizations
Sam Deering has 15+ years of programming and website development experience. He was a website consultant at Console, ABC News, Flight Centre, Sapient Nitro, and the QLD Government and runs a tech blog with over 1 million views per month. Currently, Sam is the Founder of Crypto News, Australia.
Your First Year in Code
Visual Studio Code: End-to-End Editing and Debugging Tools for Web Developers