I have been doing searches for jQuery extensions and I’ve stumbled upon different websites that has great jQuery extensions. I’ve collected some of them that has a great feedback and reviews so here they are, enjoy!
1. FOGLOADERThis is a jQuery UI theme based Ajax loader Dialog. It allows you to make the existing dialog box extend from the jQuery UI library for usage as a modal ajax loader or even a progress bar. You could also use several styles or options to convey the loading message. Source: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/fogLoader
2. Regular Expression SelectorWith the help of this jQuery extension. You can now select the content of any tag or tags regardless the text within the text-node of the tags or the text box’s value match the pattern in the regular expression. Source: http://examplet.buss.hk/jquery/selector.regex.php
3. JMC_RESIZRResize images in a nice way to make it suitable for another element. Source: http://github.com/jufemaiz/jmc_resizr
4. AJAX-ZOOMThis is a powerful image zoom and pan gallery plugin made with jQuery and PHP. It has 300 options and can be integrated easily with any website or CMS and even webshops like Magento. It uses image tiles to generate a portion of the image quickly and protecting them with watermarking system when the image has zooned. Source: http://www.ajax-zoom.com/
5. AMAZON inspired image and text scrollerImage and content jQuery scroller designed like Amazon. Source: http://www.htmldrive.net/items/show/244/Amazon-style-image-and-title-scroller-with-jQuery.html
6. FULL SCREEN BACKGROUND/SLIDESHOWResizes images to occupy the whole browser while maintaining the main aspect ratio. It also cycles images or backgrounds trough slideshow with transitions and preloader too. And it also has navigation controls that allows you to pause or play and forward or back. Source: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/Full-Screen-Background-Slideshow
7. $.RESPONDTOThis plugin is used to daynamically handle any kind of content types for an AJAX response. Source: http://github.com/brianjlandau/jquery-respond_to
8. AJAXFILTERThis small plugin provides a registry for different functions of filter to cleanse ajax response. Source: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/AjaxFilter
9. !WOW! SLIDERWOW Slider is a image slider that offers stunning visual effects and fancy templates. Source: http://wowslider.com/
10. $.INJSONSearch JSON data using key. If you need a quick way to find a particular key value in a JSON blob. Source:
Frequently Asked Questions about jQuery Extensions
What are jQuery extensions and why are they important?
How can I use jQuery extensions in my web projects?
What are some popular jQuery extensions?
There are many popular jQuery extensions available. Some of them include jQuery UI, a curated set of user interface interactions, effects, widgets, and themes; jQuery Mobile, a touch-optimized web framework; and jQuery Validation, a plugin that provides powerful validation features for forms.
How can I create my own jQuery extension?
Can I use jQuery extensions in a Chrome extension?
Yes, you can use jQuery extensions in a Chrome extension. However, you need to include the jQuery and the extension files in the manifest file of the Chrome extension. Also, due to the isolated world of content scripts, you may need to inject the scripts into the web page’s context.
Are there any performance issues with using jQuery extensions?
How can I troubleshoot issues with jQuery extensions?
Troubleshooting issues with jQuery extensions can involve checking the browser’s console for errors, ensuring that the extension file is properly included in the HTML file, and verifying that the extension is compatible with your version of jQuery.
How can I learn more about jQuery extensions?
There are many resources available to learn more about jQuery extensions. The jQuery website provides documentation and tutorials for many extensions. Additionally, there are many online tutorials, courses, and books available on the topic.
Are there any alternatives to jQuery extensions?