Here are some previous posts about dialog boxes:
2. Loading two frames with one link
4. Window Spawning and Remotes
5. Accept Focus until Closed
A small snippet that allows you to keep a window ‘on top’ of all others until closed.
7. Custom LightWindow with jQuery
Learn how to create your own LightWindow from scratch.
8. Get and modify Iframe content
10. Browser Window OffSets (scroll compensator)
These two handy functions are useful when you are trying to keep a dynamic element in view or find if the user has scrolled the page by returning the number of pixels the page has been scrolled.