Hot off the press this morning was the announcement that the Web Directions team have extended the early bird pricing for tickets to the Web Directions South 2009 conference until July 9. That’s a whopping $200 off the full price, so if you were thinking of attending one of Australia’s premier web-related events, now is the time to act.
Sure, $795 is a bargain for two days of presentations by some of the most inspiring people on the Web (statement made based on personal experience). But it gets better — if you use the discount code SITEPOINT when you register, then you’ll receive an additional $45 off the ticket price, taking the cost down to AUD $750. If you’ve been waiting on approval from your boss, telling them about this extra discount might be all the incentive to get him or her across the line. And if you’re paying your own way, then this extra saving will no doubt be appreciated!
Here’s the kicker: you don’t actually have to pay for your ticket yet! You just have to register to attend, and can sort out payment for your ticket at a later date.
However, this offer is only good for two weeks, so be sure to act quickly!
So Why Should You Attend?
This year is looking like it will be bigger and better than ever. Personally I’m pretty excited about the fact that so many SitePoint authors are on the lineup to speak, but there are also some great new faces stepping up to talk about a range of exciting topics that will appeal to web professionals, regardless of whether you’re a designer, a developer or business-minded. Here’s just a sampling of some of the great speakers presenting at Web Directions South:
- SitePoint’s own Technical Director and best–selling author, Kevin Yank, talking about CSS Frameworks
- Author of Sexy Web Design, Elliot Jay Stocks, talking about progressive enhancement
- Author of several SitePoint books, Cameron Adams, talking about his experience designing the interface for Google Wave
- Author of the upcoming jQuery: Novice to Ninja, Earle Castledine
That’s just the tip of the iceberg — check out the full speaker list for more details.
Remember this low pricing is only available until July 9, so make sure you don’t miss out. Hope to see you there!
Read SitePoint coverage of past Web Directions conferences:
- Andy Budd on Usability, Design, and the Death of CSS
- IE and Standards: Chris Wilson Talks
- Comic Book Inspiration and the CSS Eleven
Disclaimer: SitePoint is a proud media partner of Web Directions South.