Reasons why (in my opinion) Sublime2 may be better than Notepad++:
- jQuery Function Templates – this is legendary! if you simply type $.ajax and press tab it loads the template for the ajax function automatically. This works for all the other jQuery functions too and you can customise them to suit your needs.
- Speed – Both are extemely fast code editors but Sublime2 has the ability to find files, switch files, and find in files much quicker.
- Platform Independant – It works on PC/Windows and Macs!
- Customisations – Both can be custimised but Sublime2 has a text based/XML setup very easily changed
- Auto Completion of brackets – Sublime2 comes as standard when you type it closes off brackets
- Code at 1000 feet – The scrollbar on the right is bigger and has a visual view of the code
- Smart Tab Change – when you create a new code you can tab through the values and it takes you straight there for quick edit.
- Mutiple Edit – You can also select multiple areas and edit them at the same time with mutiple cursors.
See the full list of Sublime 2 features.
More posts on Sublime 2
Diving into ES2015
Get ahead of the curve with ES2015
React The ES6 Way
Have ES5 down pat? Take your career to the next level with this ReactJS and ES6 course.
ECMAScript 2015: A SitePoint Anthology
Jump Start Git
Take control of your code
It’s clean, it’s lean—it’s the MEAN Stack
Learning never stops, so how do you keep up in this fast paced industry? Tim Severien shows how simple, fun experiments are the gateway to...
A Deep Dive into Routing with hapi
Take a deeper dive into hapi routes and learn how to use parameters to create flexible routes to use within your applications. See how...
Tim Severien, 13 hours ago
Learning never stops, so how do you keep up in this fast paced industry? Tim Severien shows how simple, fun experiments are the gateway to self-improvement.