- Social Media Buzz Pocket Mining: The New Keyword Research – An interesting description of tools that take the temperature of a social community's “chatter” patterns.
- Beware of id and name attribute mixups when using getElementById in Internet Explorer – "When using getElementById to get a reference to an element via the id attribute, Internet Explorer for Windows (and some versions of Opera) will also match an element whose name attribute contains the same value."
- Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 3 Release Notes – "Firefox 3 Beta 3 includes approximately 1300 individual changes from the previous beta, including fixes for stability, performance, memory usage, platform enhancements and user interface improvements."
- GWT-Ext 2.0 Released – The GWT-EXT team has announced the release of version 2.0 this week. The project is a combination of the Google Web Kit and Ext.
- 6% of users click 50% of all ads – This study illustrates that heavy clickers represent just 6% of the online population, yet account for 50% of all display ad clicks.
- Handy jQuery API Reference – A simple, useful reference guide for the jQuery API.
- Yahoo Offers All-You-Can-Eat Storage and Bandwidth – Yahoo! launches surprisingly reasonably priced web hosting for small and medium sized businesses. Unlimited storage and bandwidth for $11.95 per month.
- Gallery: How Google Got Its Colorful Logo – The various iterations that the designer of Google's logo went through before settling on the final logo. I have to say, they're pretty ordinary!
- ICANN turns on next-gen IP addresses | CNET News.com – The great migration from Internet Protocol version 4 to IPv6 has officially begun, after the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers added the first addresses to its root servers that conform to the new version.
- Macworld Encore – Very funny and useful Macworld session by Merlin Mann. Another angle on GTD.
- Microsoft Responds to Yahoo! Announcement – Microsoft issued an official statement in response to the announcement by Yahoo! Inc. that its Board of Directors has rejected Microsoft's previously announced proposal to acquire Yahoo!
Got a link you’d like to recommend for the SitePoint News Wire? Great! Save the link on del.icio.us, and tag it for:sitepointlinks. Please include a description—it will increase the chances that we’ll select your link for the News Wire!
Matthew Magain is a UX designer with over 15 years of experience creating exceptional digital experiences for companies such as IBM, Australia Post, and sitepoint.com. He is currently the Chief Doodler at Sketch Group, Co-founder of UX Mastery, and recently co-authored Everyday UX, an inspiring collection of interviews with some of the best UX Designers in the world. Matthew is also the creator of Charlie Weatherburn and the Flying Machine.