1. Open a new movie, and give it a width of 200, a height of 150. Set the background color to black.
2. Create a new graphic symbol (let’s call it "gr_square") of a square with a height and width of 8 pixels. Choose a color that can be seen against your black background.
3. Create a movieclip symbol (let’s call it "mv_bar"). Drag 6 instances of gr_square into the movieclip. Align them vertically, so that the upper left corner of each square is separated from the one immediately below it by 10 pixels.
The upper left corner of the topmost square should be at the coordinates x=0, y=0.
4. Create a new movieclip symbol (let’s call it "mv_LEDbar") with 2 layers. Name the upper layer "LED mask" and the lower layer "LED color". now, drag an instance of mv_bar into the upper layer, and position it at x=0, y=50.
5. Add the following movieclip action to the instance of mv_bar.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.
7 Habits of Successful CTOs
"What makes a great CTO?" Engineering skills? Business savvy? An innate tendency to channel a mythical creature (ahem, unicorn)? All of the above? Discover the top traits of the most successful CTOs in this free guide.