Microsoft’s beta version of WebMatrix opens up a new way of building websites in ASP.NET, by drawing on the applications made available through the Web App Gallery.To test it out, Ricky takes WebMatrix for a spin before the general release planned for next month, exploring just how easy or hard it is to set up a functioning ecommerce website.In the process, he kicks the tires and slams the doors of nopCommerce, an open source ecommerce package Microsoft has chosen as one of its partners in the Web App Gallery.Integrating payment methods is often a difficult task in ecommerce software, so Ricky tries to set up a PayPal payment option.This is the first of a series of articles examining Microsoft’s Web App Gallery and the implications for developers.Read the article, or take the quiz now.
- Web App Gallery, Part 1
- Finding the Right CMS with Web App Gallery
- Building Dynamic Websites with WebMatrix
- Hosting, Publishing and Generating Traffic with WebMatrix
This tutorial has been made possible by the support of Microsoft. In cooperation with Microsoft and independently written by SitePoint, we strive to work together to develop the content that’s most useful and relevant to you – our readers.
SitePoint WordPress Restaurant Theme
SitePoint WordPress Ecommerce Theme
SitePoint WordPress Portfolio Theme
Responsive Web Development
Elm: A Beginners' Guide to Elm and Data
Jump Start Responsive Web Design, 2nd Edition
Designing UX: Prototyping
Researching UX: Analytics
- 1 Fun Functional Programming with the Choo Framework
- 2 6 Things to Know Before Launching Mobile Apps on the App Store
- 3 There Are More Virtual Reality Headsets Than You Realize!
- 4 Picking the Brains of Your Customers with Microsoft's Text Analytics
- 5 Build Your Own Dropbox Client with the Dropbox API