SEOMoz.org has developed a fantastic tool that calculates something they call “Page Strength” which can be used in to gauge the importance and visibility of any Website or Webpage.
I think it’s a great tool for any budding entrepreneur or marketer to have, as the Page Strength score is probably a much more accurate reflection of a Websites importance than Alexa Rank or Google PageRank alone.
Page Strength is based on a number of factors:
- Links pointing to the URL & domain
- Position in Google for the first four words of the title tag
- Age of the Domain
- Links from .edu and .gov domains
- Age of the Domain Name
- Links from Wikipedia, del.icio.us, DMOZ.org
- Google PageRank, Alexa Rank, and more
Give Page Strength a try on your own Website, or the next time you’re looking to acquire through the SitePoint MarketPlace.
- 1 7 Proven Cognitive Biases (And How They Impact Your Design)
- 2 Podcast: Behind the Facebook Logo - A $100 Million Story
- 3 How to Boost Happiness and Engagement with Personalized UIs
- 4 How to Build a Virtual Design Team with 99designs
- 5 New Podcast: #Ep1 - Designing for Scale: Inside Atlassian’s Design Teams