The Web Browser Desktop
I have wanted to try out ExtJS for a while now and finally got the time to have a go and create a browser based desktop simulated user interface. The ExtJS framwork provides this seamlessly and so much more!
Features I have added:
- Desktop User Interface
- Google Maps API Example
- Grid Example
- Tabs Example
- Accordian Example
- Border Layout Example
These options are all available as desktop items, simply double click to open them as you normally would.
Features I would like to add (when I get the time):
- Custom Layout Manager
- AJAX Call Tabs
- Web Forms
- Window Messages
- Graphs & Grids
- Custom Theme Support
How to build your own (to get you started)
1. Download Ext JS Open Source http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/download/
Sorry there are no more detailed instructions – I will add some here when I get more time.
More About Ext JS
- Rich Modern UI Widgets – High performance scalable grids, trees, menus, and more.
- Cross Platform – Accomplished with HTML5 and CSS3 styling.
- Browser Compatibility – Ext JS supports all major web browsers including:
* Internet Explorer 6+
* FireFox 1.5+ (PC, Mac)
* Safari 3+
* Chrome 3+
* Opera 9+ (PC, Mac)
- Clean Component Model – You can easily extend the default components to meet your needs.
- Professional Documentation, Training and Support – Learning resources and API documentation.
100 Ext JS Demos http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/examples/
Download Ext Js http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/download/
Product Licence: Free Open Source for non-commercial use http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/license/
Product Website http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/
Sam Deering has 15+ years of programming and website development experience. He was a website consultant at Console, ABC News, Flight Centre, Sapient Nitro, and the QLD Government and runs a tech blog with over 1 million views per month. Currently, Sam is the Founder of Crypto News, Australia.