- Express – Express is a thin web server framework designed to make building web servers with Node easier and more maintainable. It is an unopinionated framework which provides developers a high level of customizability but is "low-level" enough to still have access to the underlying Node framework it's built on. Express provides an easy to use request router, cookie management, a static file server, and many other HTTP building blocks needed to create enterprise-grade web servers.
That's why myself and Colin Ihrig wrote a book about it. In it, we discuss each of the four technologies that comprise the MEAN stack. We cover the most important features of each technology that will help you get up to speed and become productive very quickly. Explanations only go so far however. In addition to the many code examples, we will also walk through building a simple HR-style web application throughout the book. You'll learn a technology, see some code examples, and then walk through building a real system using the technology. At the end of the book, you'll have a functional web application that you can work on, and expand on your own with the information from the book.
- 1 How to Improve Site Performance (and Conversions) with Dareboost
- 3 Create Your Own Yeoman-Style Scaffolding Tool with Caporal.js
- 4 Make Your Own Social Network, Game Server, or Knowledgebase! - Sourcehunt
- 5 Fetching Data from a Third-Party API with Vue.js and Axios