Zend are holding a free webinar on Wednesday 22 April from San Francisco (9:00am PDT, 4:00pm UTC/GMT). The event is led by Shahar Evron and titled “How to increase application performance using caching”. Shahar will give a one-hour live demonstration showing the steps required to optimize and boost the performance of your PHP applications using Zend Server.
The company has also released Zend Server Community Edition, a free web application server that is easy to install and use. It is recommended for developers running PHP in a production environment and downloads are available for Windows, Mac and Linux. The package includes:
- Apache 2.2 web server
- Zend Optimizer+ (opcode caching and optimization)
- Zend Cache (data and output caching)
- Zend Guard Loader (encoding PHP)
- Zend Framework (PHP libraries)
- Zend Debugger
- Java Server (Java PHP extension)
- Java Bridge (integration of Java libraries in PHP)
- Oracle Instant database client
- IBM DB2 RTCL database client
- MySQL database
- phpMyAdmin (MySQL management tool)
- How to Install Apache Web Server on Windows
- How to Install PHP on Windows
- How to Install MySQL
- How to Use MySQL Foreign Keys for Quicker Database Development
Did you attend the Zend webinar? Was it any good? Did you learn anything new about PHP?
Craig is a freelance UK web consultant who built his first page for IE2.0 in 1995. Since that time he's been advocating standards, accessibility, and best-practice HTML5 techniques. He's created enterprise specifications, websites and online applications for companies and organisations including the UK Parliament, the European Parliament, the Department of Energy & Climate Change, Microsoft, and more. He's written more than 1,000 articles for SitePoint and you can find him @craigbuckler.
Jump Start Git, 2nd Edition
Visual Studio Code: End-to-End Editing and Debugging Tools for Web Developers