scripttags at the end of the HTML
bodyso the content appears quickly and is not delayed by code loading and execution.
- generate reports highlighting code errors and warnings. The API can check for problems which are not normally reported by browsers such as unused variables or a comma after the final item in an array.
- distribute uncompressed code to application developers
- compress code for testers and end users
- implement version control mechanisms
- integrate compression into your build when updating the live system.
For more information, refer to:
Craig is a freelance UK web consultant who built his first page for IE2.0 in 1995. Since that time he's been advocating standards, accessibility, and best-practice HTML5 techniques. He's created enterprise specifications, websites and online applications for companies and organisations including the UK Parliament, the European Parliament, the Department of Energy & Climate Change, Microsoft, and more. He's written more than 1,000 articles for SitePoint and you can find him @craigbuckler.
Jump Start Git, 2nd Edition
Visual Studio Code: End-to-End Editing and Debugging Tools for Web Developers