What is jQuery?
Why use jQuery?
Web designers may have encounter difficulties on their concepts of web designing. They might sometimes look for an instant plugins that may make their designs look good or even best. With the help of various jQuery plugins including Image Slider, Content Slider, Pop-up Boxes, The Web designer’s job might be minimized because all they have to do is tweak or customize small to big parts of the jQuery plugin that they’ve used to match the designs that they’re doing.
Some benefits of jQuery:
1) Makes Novice a Pro.
- Easy to use and easy to understand. It does not require advanced programming skills.
- Even novice designers can get along with it in a matter of minutes.
2) Speed things up.
- Simply include it inside the head tag of you html code.
3) Makes a website look more professional.
- With the right use of effects or transitions, it can make your website look pro.
4) jQuery over Flash in terms of SEO.
- Some jQuery effects are almost identical to Flash, but the advantage is that you can optimize it in terms of SEO.
- The size that jQuery can use is smaller than a Flash.
- The content of jQuery is readable by search engine bots.
5) Lots of plugins available.
- You will not have hard time of finding jQuery plugins because they are all over in the internet.
- Some of free jQuery plugins offers a high quality visual appearance.
Well those are just some of the jQuery benefits. As you can see, beginner users can get jQuery to work even if he/she doesn’t have much programming skills so it’s easy to learn and use, they can use whatever plugin they want plus the fact that some jQuery developers are making their scripts or codes as short as possible just to be more customizable by users. By default, jQuery basic syntax script offers wide selection of animation effects; it’s just a matter of selecting what would greatly fit your website.
Sam Deering has 15+ years of programming and website development experience. He was a website consultant at Console, ABC News, Flight Centre, Sapient Nitro, and the QLD Government and runs a tech blog with over 1 million views per month. Currently, Sam is the Founder of Crypto News, Australia.
Jump Start Git, 2nd Edition
Visual Studio Code: End-to-End Editing and Debugging Tools for Web Developers
Form Design Patterns