The JS1k Competition Returns
The competition — code named Love ’12 — runs until midnight on March 14, 2012. There are various cash prizes for the winners and the rules remain simple:
- You may submit as many entries as you like but only one submission per person will be entered in the competition.
- An HTML5 page is provided which contains a single canvas tag, some set-up variables and a
scripttag for your code. You don’t need to use canvas or the variables although most entries do.
- Minification is permitted but it must not change your original variable names.
- Loading external resources, libraries, frames or other sites is forbidden. You’ll be found out so don’t bother trying!
- Your code must run in the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari. Preferably, it’ll run in IE9/10 too but that’s not essential since the browsers are only available on recent editions of Windows.
- Your code should behave itself, not cause crashes and behave equally well in all browsers.
The theme of “Love” is suggested but it’s not a requirement (there are far too many animated hearts already!) My favorites so far include:
What are you waiting for? Happy coding and feel free to post a link to your submissions in the comments section below…
See also: What can YOU do with 1 Kilobyte of CSS?