30 Reasons You Should Be Collaboration-FriendlyBy Alyssa Gregory
Collaboration presents a unique opportunity for professionals in every industry. I am a firm believer in the concept of knowledge sharing for the collective good. And collaborating – specifically supporting others by imparting your experience and asking them to support you in the same way – is one of the best ways to share what you know and benefit from the knowledge of others.
If you give collaboration a chance, you might be surprised how you benefit. Here are some of the perks you can experience:
- You may learn something.
- You can share what you know.
- It can lead to new opportunities.
- You can inspire someone.
- You can find inspiration.
- You can collectively offer clients what you can’t provide alone.
- It can be good PR.
- It let’s you stretch your “team” muscles.
- It can be a good way to work socializing into your day.
- You can meet new people.
- It’s a nice break from working alone.
- You can help clients find what they need, even if it’s not directly from you.
- You can put your years of experience and know-how to good use.
- You can benefit from the lessons learned by a colleague.
- You can team up to support a cause that’s important to you.
- You can find a solution to a problem you’ve been grappling with.
- You can double your marketing efforts.
- It gives you an opportunity to help someone else.
- You can improve your listening skills.
- It’s a good way to demonstrate your leadership skills.
- It’s an opportunity for you to be a follower.
- You can find new motivation.
- You can gain a new level of confidence.
- You can learn new and better ways to do things in your business.
- It can provide an opportunity to work with like-minded professionals.
- It can provide an opportunity to work with people who are nothing like you.
- It saves time.
- You can be empowered to do something you’ve been considering for a while.
- You can benefit from someone else’s expertise.
- It’s fun and makes the impossible seem possible.
When successful, a collaborative relationship can not only open the door to new opportunities, but it can make you a more well-rounded person, a better team player and more successful. Even in a competitive business environment, there is room to collaborate. And the best part is, you can create your own opportunities for collaboration. My next post will provide specific steps for initiating a collaboration.
Do you feel the same about the benefits of collaboration, or do you think you’re better suited to going solo?
Image credit: FaceMePLS