The competition is now closed. Thank you to all those who entered, we will be contacting the penguinners within the next few days. (18 December 2014)
If you love cute animals and memes (and who doesn’t), then this is the competition for you.
We’ve been amazed by the response to our first Christmas Sale offer this year — a two-year Learnable membership with a big donation to the Penguin Foundation — and we decided we want to throw down for the penguins!
So we are launching a competition via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and our forums for the 5 best penguin-themed memes. The winners will each receive an annual Learnable membership and an Adopt a Penguin pack from The Penguin Foundation!
The Adopt a Penguin pack includes:
- Automatic membership to the Penguin Foundation.
- A thank you letter from the Penguin Foundation.
- An adoption certificate.
- One thank you card with penguin photo.
- Our regular newsletter updating you on the progress of the penguin colony and Penguin Foundation projects.
- A little penguin fact sheet.
And if you happen to visit Melbourne, Australia, you can also get:
- A free Penguin Parade entry voucher for an adult or child.
- An exclusive invitation to our Penguin Foundation Members Open Day where you and a guest can take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Penguin Parade and meet our park rangers and marine biologists.
How to enter:
Post your meme on Instagram with #penguinning and tagging @learnablehq
Comment on this article to submit your meme to our forums.
Don’t want to create your own?
Spread the word and like your favorites!
You can retweet our lead off tweet.
Competition Ends December 17 11:59 pm PST
Winners will be notified within a few days.
Meme Competition Rules
- Memes must be submitted as directed above.
- No profanity (in the caption or the picture).
- Memes must be original.
- Each meme post should have the watermark/hashtag “#penguinning” and tag/mention SitePoint where applicable.
- The penguinning memes will be judged by a panel of specialist SitePoint penguin judges.
Tom is the product manager, data analyst and office barista at SitePoint.
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 4th Edition
Docker for Web Developers
HTML5 Games: Novice to Ninja