Traditionally, in order to become a staff member here at the SitePoint forums, you had to be spotted, nominated and then voted in by existing staff. It is a long and cumbersome process that we do because it's the way that we've always done things. I think it's time for a bit of a shake-up because we're probably missing a whole bunch of keen and motivated candidates, simply because they're not extroverts.
So, I'm offering you the chance to volunteer for a place in a group of potential staff-members, if it's something that you are interested in. Anyone can put their hand up, and they will be given a place in an entirely new group that sits between general members and our current Mentor group. Call it an internship if you like.
There are a few guidelines around this group:
- Group size - ~20-ish at any one time
- Expectations - continue on in the public forums, visit and take part in a private group forum, report posts
- Duration - ~3 months before being upgraded to Mentor or automatically rotated out of the group
- Other - Inactivity or lack of performing given responsibilities for a month's time will lead to removal from the group.
- Once removed, you must wait a minimum of 3 months before volunteering again.
- If you change your mind for any reason you are free to pull out at any time
If this sounds like something that you'd be keen on trying out, send me a PM.