I am facing a confusion for handling my sites with different hosting provider and domain name provider.
Let me explain my confusion with an example (a bit lengthy though):
I have 2 websites and 2 service providers:
Site Names Hosting Service Provider Domain Service Provider
Site1 HS1 DS1
Site2 HS2 (Free Provider, No Worries) DS1
As per above table, I have registered both my sites with DS1. HS1 says that they can host one domain for FREE along with their one hosting account.
I have hosted Site1 on HS1 but the problem is that HS1 says that they don’t support domain with “.co.in” (Site1 contains “.co.in” ) while they can support domain with “.info” (Site2 contains “.info”). I want to have Site2 with HS1 for FREE renewal along with my current hosted account.
I talked to HS1 and DS1 to initiate transfer process for Site2 (from DS1 to HS1) and they started it as well. However, HS1 is saying that they will keep my current domain (Site1) as parked domain and Site2 will be treated as main hosting account.
If I choose this process to make Site1 as parked domain then My confusions are:
- Will Site1 retain the same domain after going to parked domain or will it be changed/treated some other way like subdomain etc.?
- Will I continue to operate Site1 under parked domain in the same way I am using currently ?
- Is there any chance to data loss for Site1 ?
- What are the changes that I would need to make in nameservers for Site1 and Site2 ?
- During the transfer process, what will happen to Site1 ? Will it be operative or kept down ?
Anyone has got experience for this kind of transfer, please share your thoughts.
All suggestions are welcome.
P.S. -> I’ll continue paying to DS1 to keep alive Site1 to avoid any loss.