Are Your Customers Promoting You?
In this post I am going to discuss, how going that extra mile with customer service can make a big difference to the bottom line of your businesses.
Recently the exhaust broke on my car. I needed to get it fixed, but where? Did I take it to the nearest or cheapest place?
Nope. I took it to the place that had repaired the exhaust on my old car 4 years ago — 115 miles (185km) away. Why?
Last time I went there, not only did they do a first class job with the exhaust, but they also went the extra mile with customer service.
- they stayed open past their normal closing time, so we could pick up the car (as we were running late)
- they fixed another minor issue at the same time for no extra charge
- they were friendly and customer centered
- they made the tiresome irritation of a broken exhaust into a positive experience
- they even made our little boy’s day by letting him have a go with a remote control car
At the end of the day – I, as the customer was made to feel special and not like a “walking wallet”. They did what they said they would do and more. I was happy to part with my hard earned cash.
When I returned, was I disappointed?
No — again, immaculate service that went that extra mile.
What does this exceptional service do for that business?
- they get repeat business
- they are actively promoted for free by happy customers (like myself)
- they save money on marketing and promotion
- they get to feel good about making a small, but positive difference to people’s lives
All of this translates to a healthier bottom line. Simply, great customer service makes excellent business sense.
And how did I find out about them?
Someone recommended them to me — Of course.
How do you go above and beyond for your customers?