…posted by davidjmedlock:
Okay, I wanted to post something about companies, organizations, and people doing cool things with ColdFusion. Here are just a few:
I’ve downloaded some of the free tags and apps that the guys at CFDev have created and plan on checking them out thoroughly. But, even the software that they have for sale is noteworthy. Think of the things you can do with it:
– EmailVerifier: Check an email address using syntax, DNS MX lookup, top level domain validation, and mail server validation. I’d like to see someone enter a fake address with that kind of validation…
– Translate: Uses babelfish translation engine to translate from one language into another.
– CFX_Soap: A SOAP client built in Java for ColdFusion.
There’s much more cool stuff on cfdev.com.
Another one that is very cool is a project called FusionScript. The site used to be at www.fusionscript.com, though it looks like its been snatched up by a domain squatter recently. There’s a SourceForge project here. FusionScript began development in 2001 or early 2002. I was actually working at DigiScript with Nate Nielsen, the developer for FusionScript. (I even started helping with converting a ColdFusion encryption algorithm to Java, but I don’t think I ever finished it and doubt it made it into the final release…)
Anyway, I definitely recommend checking these out as well as sharing the projects that you find interesting or that you feel really contribute to the ColdFusion community in some way.
*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with anyone mentioned here other than the fact that I think they have some very cool projects available.*
Wrapping Your Head Around Python
Introduction to Swift
Jump Start Git
Level Up Your Web Apps With Go
Jump Start MySQL
Jump Start Git
- 2 Build Your Own Dropbox Client with the Dropbox API
- 3 How to Take Advantage of the Psychology of Speed Perception
- 4 There Are More Virtual Reality Headsets Than You Realize!
- 5 Picking the Brains of Your Customers with Microsoft's Text Analytics