SitePoint Podcast #1: The Economy
Welcome to The SitePoint Podcast, Episode 1.
Play the episode in your browser:
Hosts: Brad Williams, Patrick O’Keefe, Stephan Segraves, and Kevin Yank
What you can expect from the SitePoint Podcast
- Bi-weekly release on Fridays
- Four regular hosts (Brad, Patrick, Stephan, and Kevin)
- Run time 30 minutes
Basic show format
- Top news headlines as related to Web Developers and Designers
- Main discussion topic or theme – news topic, guest interview, guest hosts, etc.
- Plenty of guests, interviewees, and a few surprises along the way
News topics covered on this episode:
- Opera study: only 4.13% of the web is standards-compliant
Opera: Just 4.13% of Web’s Code is Valid (SitePoint)
Opera study: only 4.13% of the web is standards-compliant (Ars Technica)
- Yahoo! Launches Web Analytics
Yahoo Launches Web Analytics (Search Engine Land)
Yahoo! Web Analytics FAQs (Yahoo!)
- Amazon’s EC2 out of Beta: Now with Windows Support & More
EC2 out of Beta: Now with Windows Support & More (SitePoint)
Amazon’s EC2 Plays Nice With Windows (PC World)
- SitePoint Book: Everything You Know About CSS Is Wrong!
Main Show Topic: Internet and the Economy
We discuss how the current economic situation worldwide is affecting the internet industry.