average rating (33 votes)
Earle Castledine, Craig Sharkie
23 February 2012
What you will learn
* Learn the fundamentals of jQuery, adding interactivity and animation to your websites
* Using plugins, UI widgets, and the brand new jQuery Mobile framework
* Effortlessly control any page element with powerful jQuery selectors
* Construct impressive animations with just a few lines of code
* Tap the power of jQuery UI to create complex menus, tooltips, and panels
* Add intelligent interactive forms and elegant drop-down menus
* Build a complete working application, StarTrackr!, as you learn
Who is this for?
Craig was once happy to call himself a developer, speaker, author, and advocate. Since then, he’s added husband, JS meet founder, father, and JSConf organizer to the list. Now he is twice - and often thrice - happy
Excellent starter for me. (I'm only about 10% through it so far).
I've been using JQuery for some time, but since I had learned it as I went along there were gaps in my knowledge. This book is great for filling in those gaps and taking my skills further.
I do a lot of back end development for others and jQuery is in more and more of my projects.
I have done quite a bit with jQuery in the past but never really "got" it.
This book was an eye opener.
Now I "get" it and has opened a whole new set of doors.
simple to install the link to the website and to the server. simple to understand examples and to modify. exactly what i was looking for. peace.
Frequently Asked Questions
jQuery: Novice to Ninja: New Kicks And Tricks
Unlimited access to this title and 600+ others in our library