The Web Directions @media 2010 conference is on in London in a couple of weeks, and we’re giving one lucky SitePoint reader the chance to score a ticket to the event, thanks to our friends at Web Directions. Read on for details on how you could win (hint: it’s ridiculously easy).
Who Is Speaking?
Boasting an amazing lineup of speakers, this is definitely an event that will inspire, energize and enthuse anyone remotely interested in the web. Seriously, just take a look over the speaker list for a moment:
- SitePoint authors Rachel Andrew, Bruce Lawson and Simon Willison
- jQuery creator John Resig
- talented British designers Andy Clarke and Mark Boulton
- Yahoo’s Tom Hughes-Croucher and Christian Crumlish
… as well as many more exciting and engaging presenters. I’m just a little bit jealous that I won’t be able to attend myself (being based in Australia and all). However, if you’re in the UK and able to get to London in the second week of June, you’d be mad to miss it.
Speaking of which …
Win a Free Web Directions @media Ticket
Are you in or near London and desperate to attend @media, but can’t find the cash this year? SitePoint has you covered. We’re giving away one free ticket worth £549. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post indicating that you’d like to attend @media, and you’ll go into the draw. That’s it.
Here are the details:
- Note this event is in London, England, and you must be able to get yourself to the event. If that means coming from out of town, then travel and accommodation is your responsibility. If you’re not able to get yourself there, then please don’t leave a comment.
- Only one entry per person. If we detect someone entering using multiple email addresses, we’ll remove that comment from the running.
- You must leave your comment by 11:59pm on Monday, May 31st (British Standard Time). Comments will be disabled at that point, and a winner will be chosen at random, and announced on this blog the next day.
- Be sure not to post anonymously, or we’ll have no way of contacting you. Register for a SitePoint Forums account and we’ll use that to notify you if you’re our winner.
Oh, and there’s more …
Discount for SitePoint Readers
If you miss out on the winning ticket, all is not lost—SitePoint readers are eligible for a massive discount on the purchase of a ticket to @media 2010. Just use the code SitePoint when you register, and you’ll be eligible for £100 off. That’s even cheaper than the Early Bird price, and is valid right up until the day before the conference!
Oh, and if you purchase your tickets (or have already done so), then happen to win the free SitePoint ticket, the Web Directions folks will refund your ticket. Neat, huh? Then you can go spend that cash on something else.
Check out the Web Directions @media 2010 site for more information about the conference.