Welcome back to the show after a brief hiatus. This week I caught up with the well-known designer Elliot Jay Stocks. We talk about his career, his “8 Faces” typography mag, email management made easier with TextExpander, conferencing, and more.
Download this Episode
You can download this episode as a standalone MP3 file:
- DesignFestival Podcast #10: Chats with Elliot Jay Stocks (MP3, 1:17:15, 74.4 MB)
- Guest intro
- Sourhaze, Elliot’s first instrumental EP
- How we all get into what we do — education, jobs… careers, freelancing
- Working environments & coworking
- 8 Faces, Elliot’s gorgeous typography magazine
- Events Elliot is involved with: Insites and Activate, and and attending/running events and industry conferences
- TextExpander, a system-wide snippert and shortcut utility
- Sexy Web Design, Elliot’s book
- Recommendations of the week
- Elliot: Oomwriter, a simplistic text editor, with ambient background sounds, and Flickery, a native Mac client to flickr.
- Pascal: Nothing in particular this week.
Oh, and the intro and outro music is from the Portal 2 soundtrack…
“If you feel liquid running down your neck, relax, lie on your back, and apply immediate pressure to your temples. You are simply experiencing a rare reaction in which the Material Emancipation Grill may have emancipated the ear tubes inside your head.”
To be added soon.