I run a small (& new) consulting company for small fund/financial/gaming start ups.
I am looking to hire a web developer/designer on a short-term contract (3 months) with option to become a full time employee.
Unfortunately I have zero tech knowledge/skills and have no idea what these might mean:
Adobe CS2 CS3 CS5 Suite (or higher)
Multi-media production for the web (Flash intro, Flash Banner)
HTML, W3C HTML,HTML 5, CSS CSS3
Amongst many others tools etc.
So here I am to seek your vast knowledge/wisdom and pick your brains. I will describe a site I foresee my business would need to supply and I hope you guys can point out the core and preferred skills I should be looking for in the developer/designer I wish to hire. Thank you for your time and apologies for the wrong usage of any terminology!
Creation of logo (s)
Advice acquiring of website, hosting, server (if required)
A site with following pages (available to everyone who visits):
(About Us): Can be updated by client
(Results/Past reports): Data page from stocks/indices price movements gains & losses. Can be simple data entry from client to be converted to a table on this page.
(Purchase): Link payment details for subscription services or financial written reviews and reports. Eg. accepting e-wallets, paypal, other types of payment methods to be advised by clients.
(Contact us): Simple form with required fields to be linked to clients email of choice.
(Social Media plug ins): Able to embed widgets like Twitter & Weibo (China Twitter) etc onto the site (all pages)
Subscribers/Members Area "Wall":
- A wall (Log-in only for paid subscribers) where webmaster (client) can post data/reports. The wall must be able to update in real-time (ie. clients do not have to relog to see if new reports are posted on the wall). So the new posts will be like "feeds" instantly posted and added to the wall.
- Webmaster (client) to be able to manage posted data on "Wall". Eg report in member area is forecast for week-ending 30th April. Webmaster decides its time to release report to public, non-paying members. Webmaster can click to send/retrieve posted data from the "Results/Reports" page from non-subscriber/member area.
- Auto log out if same account(subscriber) logs in from different location. Meaning only 1 log-in ID stays logged in at all time
- Record last 5 log-ins of individual users (subscribers): Date,Time and IP Address of each log-in. (To detect sharing of accounts). Will be bonus if can click on IP address to be linked to location/country/server user is connecting from.
- At least 2 ways/plans of retrieving site if it gets hijacked or hacked
- Preventing attacks/spam/Dos
- Track total number of visitors and countries they are from
- Build and make sites as easy as possible to have multi-language versions in future.
- Webmaster creates,disables,changes password for all its subscribers. Able to have details column on side for clients own notes.
The above is what my clients will be requiring for their websites. I would be needing someone to be able to build these sites. I believe basic designing is a must and perhaps some flash knowledge to make the sites seem edgy a bonus. However my clients are in the business of selling reports and reviews so there isn't a need for live data eg. stock prices to be constantly fed onto the site. The only thing being posted and moved around on the sites are the reviews/reports my client writes for their subscribers.
Appreciate all the help I can get on the skills my dream employee needs, and the skills it will be a bonus to have. I do hope to be as clear as I can with the skills required to save time & money for both myself and the prospective employee versus hiring and firing several times. Thank you once again!
PS: Apologies if I posted in the wrong thread!:eye: