- Danie Wertheim shares a new testing library, Requester, for testing JSON based Web APIs from C#.
- Ahmed Waheed highlights Project Astoria which is a Windows Platform Bridge toolkit that allows building Windows phone applications using Android based code.
- Telerik announces the open sourcing of the JustDecompile engine which is hosted on GitHub under an Apache 2.0 license.
- Josh Varty announces Alive, an exciting extension for Visual Studio that blurs the lines between design time and debug time in your C# code.
- The .NET Team shares the details of their patch contributions to the regular patch Tuesday releases, including a patch for a critical vulnerability in the .NET framework.
- Craig Dunn gives an overview of the latest batch of improvements to the Xamarin Studio IDE 5.9.
- Rich Lander discusses targeting the .NET Framework 4.6 in Visual Studio 2012, 2013, and 2015.
- Ricardo Peres highlights how you can gain support for additional LINQ extension methods in NHibernate queries.
- Mike Oberberger looks at translating expressions into member names and thereby providing a type safe way of referencing methods, properties, and types.
- James Michael Hare shares his solution to the most recent ‘Little Puzzlers’ post, converting integers to Roman Numerals.
- Ruben Rios of the Microsoft Edge Team discusses the improvements to the Internet Explorer F12 Development Tools included in the latest release.
- Vladimir Khorikov takes a look at the 3 different ways in which the safe navigation operator (?.) will likely end up being misused by developers.
- Max Toro discusses the evolution of the .NET framework and its migration to a componentized approach distributed via NuGet.
- Damien Bod shares a look at constructing AngularJS applications using TypeScript and Grunt to automate the build of the application.
- Shawn Wildermuth shares some code from his Wilder World Tour site which makes it easy to draw Travel maps (and the source is available on GitHub and via Bower too!)
- rahulsahay shares a look at how you can publish ASP.NET applications to run on Linux under a Docker Image using the Visual Studio 2015 Docket Extension.
- Steven Clarke discusses how the UX and engineering teams worked together in building the Visual Studio Code IDE.
- Robert Lawson shares a reasonably in depth article on the optimization that compilers perform on our code that every programmer should know.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio