- Kasey Uhlenhuth and the Visual Studio Team highlight the release of Node.JS Tools 1.0 on GitHub and they have VMs available!
- Brian Harry highlights the release of the Team Project Rename feature on the Visual Studio Online platform.
- Eric Lawrence announces the release of Fiddler 4.5.1 which includes a bugfix and a minor feature release.
- Scott Hanselman, John Papa, and Tugberk Ugurlu share an introduction to Visual Studio Code and take a look at its numerous features.
- Jonathan Turner announces the release of TypeScript 1.5 beta, which is available for Visual Studio 2015 RC, 2013, and as source/npm distributions.
- Anthony Cangialosi and Phil Haack announces the release of GitHub Extension for Visual Studio, a new collaboration between Microsoft and GitHub which also makes Visual Studio and Azure a bit easier too.
- Filip W follows up on a previous post on ASP.NET MVC 6 formatters looking at the changes in handling XML.
- damienbod takes a look at implementing batched requests from AngularJS application and how it is supported in the current ASP.NET framework but not in the latest ASP.NET MVC.
- BenWilli reminds us all of the QuickLaunch capability in Visual Studio and the line number feature of the IDE.
- Gabriel Schenker shares thoughts on his recent CQRS workshop discussing the sample solution they came up with and Kyle Baley shares his experience of the workshop discussing a solution they came up with.
- Erik Dietrich shares the next installment of his building a Chess Game series looking at resolving a bug that was discovered in the prior part.
- Anton Angelov discusses the different types of Code Coverage explaining how they differ and what it can mean to you when your IDE says “100% code coverage.”
- Eric Lippert sets the scene for a discussion of modeling the real world in our type systems and how things often need constraints which are not easy to implement. Be sure to check out Part 2 as well.
- James Michael Hare also shares his solution to his recent Little Puzzlers problem of finding the largest square of 1’s in a matrix.
- Jan Stenberg discusses some of the themes surrounding Domain Driven Development highlighted by Gabriel Schenker’s recent posts.
- David Catuhe shares a look at the ECMAScript 6 inheritance and class structures.
- Tugberk Ugurlu talks about Build Only Dependencies in ASP.NET 5 and the new cloud optimized runtime.
- Jonathan Allen takes a look at a couple of the proposed features which may be under consideration for C# 7, tuples and anonymous structs.
- Gregor Suttie takes a look at Squirrel, a replacement for ClickOnce for easily deployment of .NET applications. I’m sure you’ll got nuts over it (seems the bad dad jokes have made their way here from Jasmine’s On Our Radar)
- Jason Roberts talks about Fixie, the .NET testing framework, in this Visual Studio Magazine article and why C# programmers should care about it!
- Jonathan Turner shares a look at the TypeScript development story in Visual Studio Code, to help those get started writing in TypeScript.
- Ken Cenerelli highlights the Microsoft Azure Essentials eBook series, a collection of free eBooks that cover Azure Essentials, Automation, and Machine Learning.
- Steve Guggenheimer highlights the start of the //build conference 2015.
- Jennifer Marsman gives a summary of the keynote from Day 1 at the //build conference, as does the Premier Developer site.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio